The logistic manager will work with the site logistic operations lead, managing the day to day running of all logistic matters on site, in accordance with the Mace Logistic Standard and the site-specific Traffic Management & Logistic Plan (TM&LP).
The logistics manager will be responsible for the management of the following:
- Site set up including main and satellite accommodation.
- Facilities management of site accommodation & satellite facilities.
- Coordination of daily site activities, including offloading and distribution of materials.
- Plant & site equipment.
- Hoarding’s installation and management.
- Traffic management & haul roads (site).
- Pedestrian walkways & Crossings.
- Liaise with vehicle holding area (VHA) (off site).
- Waste Management.
- Logistic sub-contractor (Traffic marshals, fire marshals, hoist drivers, handymen and labourers).
- Lead on the continuous segregation between vehicles and pedestrians on site, ensuring crossing points and walkways are clear and maintained in a safe state.
- Ensure sub-contractors deliveries comply with the established TM&LP.
- Coordinate with the logistic delivery manager (SC) regarding notifiable loads and out of hours deliveries.
- Liaise with the TM Supervisors to ensure unloading and loading operations are confined to the designated areas and loading bays and this is carried out in accordance with their RAMS.
- Monitor agreed SC laydown areas to ensure they are compliant and within bounds.
- Assist with the management of evacuations and exclusion zones as a result of site emergencies.
- Provide input to the logistic lead for inclusion in the weekly logistics coordination meeting.
- Liaise with the logistic SC to ensure that agreed standards are maintained regarding waste removal, provision of bins, walkways, wayfinding signage, walkway flooding, security, hoardings, toilets, glass cleaning stations and maintenance of fire points.
- Coordinate with the lifting AP to ensure deliveries and hook time are compatible and prioritised.
- Assist with the coordination of deliveries to the VHA during temporary site closures and cranes winded off.
- Carry out scheduled safety inspections and audits.
- Liaise with the logistic SC for the deployment of the road sweeper.
- Ensure all vehicles requiring a wheel wash do so prior to departing site.
- Assist and mediate with conflict resolution involving logistic contractor & sub-contractor.
- Ensure all site notice boards are up to date and the information extant.
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience required
- CSCS Managers Card holder
- Good working knowledge of logistical practices within construction
- Previous experience of major construction projects
- Management/Supervisor experience
- First Aid qualification
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT)