Lead Security Architect
Lead Security Architect
National Grid is hiring a Lead Security Architect for our Business Partnering & Integration team. We have adopted hybrid working at National Grid with very minimal travel required for this role!
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
About the role
We have a fabulous new opportunity for a Lead Security Architect to join us as a security visionary and to act as an expert in many areas of security, describing in business terms the impact of security policies, standards, technology standards and architecture on the business. This person will provide security direction to programmes and projects based on the business requirements and focus areas.
As Lead Security Architect for National Grid Ventures (NGV) you will enable the NGV business to operate securely across its UK and US businesses. National Grid Ventures operates a broad mix of energy assets and businesses in the UK and US. We provide competitive products and services for our customers to help accelerate the development of our clean energy future.
Our mix of energy assets and businesses include:
- electricity interconnectors
- liquefied natural gas (LNG) services
- large-scale renewable energy
- competitive energy transmission projects
- battery energy storage systems
The Lead Security Architect must be able to interpret high level business requirements and communicate them to highly technical security engineers; conversely, they must also be able to articulate highly technical issues to a non-technical business audience.
You will provide minimum security requirements and to ensure that the delivered solution is fit for purpose and effective when transitioned in to service. The Security Solutions Architect will identify security services to be integrated into the overall solution and work with the security tower teams to ensure implementation of the services to manage several concurrent high visibility projects from initiation to completion that deliver business change and subsequent benefits.
You will be drive security requirements, architectures, patterns and approaches via the company’s processes, by day to day engagement with development teams to advise and consult on security matters, whilst working closely with Project and DevOps teams to ensure solution complies with baseline security requirements.
You’ll provide technical security input as required by the security policy development team, and own the Coordination of technical design/review activities with various segments within the Security team, whilst being accountable for ensuring that key risks and issues are identified, addressed and resolved in a manner that satisfies the business.
Your technical expertise will be in:
- Appreciation of wider information security related principles, likely to be gained in industry or from a consultancy background
- Skilled in creating technology standards and experience with presenting security requirements and necessary security services to the security and/or enterprise governance boards for acceptance and approval
- Proven experience in cloud security solution, Azure experience preferred
- An appreciation of Operational Technologies architectures, risks and mitigations
- Knowledge of Cloud fundamentals – Design Patterns, Shared Security, Monitoring
- Experience with cloud-based security controls (secure web gateway, next gen firewall, cloud access security broker)
- Background in defining security requirements across network, database, operating system and application
- Good understanding of security testing process SAST/DAST/Vulnerability Assessments/DevSecOps pipeline/Pen testing etc
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Information Security qualifications such as CISSP and MSc Information Security preferred and/ or Security Qualifications such as SANs, CCNA, CCNP
More InformationWe encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
For more information please contact Sukhi.Shina2@nationalgrid.com