Job no: 503121
Work type: Full Time – Permanent
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Lead a team responsible for ensuring that Aston Martin Lagonda’s diagnostic tools offer world class useability and effectiveness, through the responsibilities and duties outlined below. Minimize the number of technical support requests received by AML by maximizing the number of vehicles repaired by guided diagnostics.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Maintain the vehicle Diagnostic Trouble Codes, DID and Aurora Coding databases which are used to support the company’s diagnostic tools.
- Test releases of AML diagnostic software against specification and report any deviations, bugs or shortfalls.
- Liaise with Client Services on aspects of software support, training and dealer support.
- Be prepared to visit dealers to support service operations when necessary.
- Feedback comments, suggestions, and improvements from Client Services for possible inclusion into future software releases.
- Work with the Product Development systems engineers and their suppliers to provide DTC diagnostic descriptions for inclusion into the AML help text systems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience with vehicle diagnostics including module reprogramming, retrieval of diagnostic trouble codes etc is required.
- Must have good clear interpersonal skills and be willing to interface with engineers and other personnel from various other company departments.
- Knowledge of the information required to perform electrical and mechanical diagnostics, and the steps in a typical diagnostic process.
- Understanding of dealer processes.
- Previous experience of vehicle communication protocols would be an advantage, CAN, ISO9141, Ford SCP etc, but is not mandatory.
- Experience leading a team.
- A familiarity with industry standard diagnostic documentation (ODX, cdd etc).