Gymshark recognises that to keep growing at pace, we need to put data and insight at the centre of the decisions we make – ensuring we are truly data-led. The Data function underpins this vision by providing the data, analysis and research to drive and validate our business strategies.
As the Lead Data Analyst, you will develop and lead a team of Data Analysts, with the overall goal of driving improvements and efficiencies to Gymsharks data processing and integration capabilities. You will be the data lead on enterprise projects and work across the whole business, influencing how data is leveraged to make better decisions.
Are you our next Lead Data Analyst? Here is the role close up:
- You will lead the team in developing new ways of thinking, exploring new technologies and spotting opportunities for improvements, while also being a hands-on, technical leader within the team.
- Contributing to the development and enhancement of the data strategy within the data function, making sure it is aligned with Gymshark’s long-term business strategy and roadmap.
- Using your knowledge of advanced data systems, analysis and mining techniques to enable the creation and maintenance of better data assets, to step-change the way Gymshark uses data to inform business strategy.
- Proactively Identifying opportunities and lead on data improvement projects, championing data so that the business has access to the information they need to make strategic decisions and implement data-led initiatives.
- Influencing the approaches to using data across the business, particularly within the go-to market function, driving a data-led culture and providing advice, support and recommendations on how data can improve business initiatives.
- Leading the implementation of new systems which enable or improve our data processing and targeting, ensuring all data needed for insights and targeting is available and actionable.
- Developing a complete knowledge of all data sources and build strong relationships with a network of stakeholders throughout the business.
- Adopting a continuous learning approach to data mining, solutions development, data manipulation and processing techniques, keeping up to date with the latest thinking and practices.
- Acting as a gatekeeper for Gymshark’s data, ensuring the use of it is compliant to GDPR standards (and local legislation) and that best practices are applied.
- Experience in managing a team of analysts, with a track record of delivering on projects through your team
- To be a technical expert with exceptional skills in data analysis tools and technologies such as SQL, AWS, Google Cloud, Alteryx, Python, API integrations, R
- To have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues, translating complex concepts into simple terms where required
- Naturally inquisitive, with an eye for detail and the willingness to learn new tools and techniques
- Have a passion for data and have outstanding numerical, technical and problem-solving skills
- To have the ability to translate business problems and data issues into effective data solutions
- A deep understanding of data warehousing principals
- A methodical, analytical and logical thought process, with the ability to see the bigger picture and get to the underlying business questions and challenges that need answering
- The ability to thrive in a risk-taking, fast-paced environment
Here are some of the perks we offer:
🙌 Opportunity to work on high traffic, high performing e-commerce system
🤑 Competitive ‘Win Together, Lose Together’ Bonus
🩺 Full private medical insurance with no excess
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
💻 A truly flexible working culture
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🎁 Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS Campus Perks:
🍎 Refuel – Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂️ Free Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership for yourself and two friends/family
👉 Free monthly massages