Operators are responsible for set-up and operation of laser cutting machines to produce products meeting customer quality requirements.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Understands machine setup
• Understands start-up and shut down for laser machines.
• Diagnose machining problems while performing jobs, making modifications as needed.
• Operate overhead cranes, tape measure, calipers, and hand tools.
• Can perform laser cutting operations efficiently and effectively, per specifications.
• Check Quality of product machined and notify supervisor of process issues.
• Operates and navigates in a windows based computer environment.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Perform operator maintenance and/or 5S housekeeping per established schedules
• Other duties as assigned
• Laser machines, calipers, bore/ID gauges, height gauges, and other inspection equipment as required;
basic tools such as hammers, screw drivers, wrenches, etc.; overhead crane and forklift.
1-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
Ability to use basic math to analyze information and measuring equipment
Basic computer skills
Ability to work safely and efficiently
Ability to work with close tolerances
Ability to work in a team and independently
Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instruction and written processes