Role: Lab Informatics Consulting Manager
Location: United Kingdom
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Accenture Scientific Informatics Services (ASIS) works with “best in breed” Laboratory Informatics software products to provide total solutions for our clients. ASIS are experts in architecting, configuring, deploying, validating and supporting laboratory systems. These systems include LIMS, ELN, SDMS, and CDS, among others. This domain where laboratory science intersects with information technology is our passion, and unlike some other companies providing similar services, it is our singular focus!
You will gain exposure to a myriad of emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Internet of Things, Extended Reality, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics, while facilitating the transformation of scientific and laboratory processes in leading global companies.
Become a member of this unique team combining scientific data management experts with the global transformation capabilities of Accenture and be a part of redefining the future of laboratory operations.
We offer a generous compensation package consisting of salary, bonuses and benefits.
As a Lab Informatics Consulting Manager, you will:
- Manage exceptional teams delivering complex informatics projects in support of our clients’ scientific missions
- Engage in and expand ASIS’ partnerships with its key strategic accounts
- Developed trusted advisor relationships that grow partnerships with key strategic accounts
- Identify new opportunities for business and close new business in existing accounts
- Perform management consulting for clients on best practice and approach to large and complex laboratory informatics and scientific data management programs
- Monitor and control profitability for ASIS resources and expenses
- Manage projects to complete on time, on budget, and on scope with high quality and raving fan clients
- Act as a coach and mentor to ASIS teammates
- Audit project work to ensure quality and consistency
- Enhance internal and external organizational change management through application of best practices
- Interact with all levels of the client organization
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Degree in an applicable field, or equivalent experience
- Significant experience leading medium to large COTS system implementations
- Experience managing budgets and profitability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects for different business stakeholders
- Expert understanding of computer and application architecture, technology and validation
- Experience developing strategies for process re-engineering, software selection, and project planning and execution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior consulting skills
- Superior negotiation skills
- Advanced leadership skills
- Proven track record delivering project scope on-time, on-budget and to the quality requirements set forth
Set yourself apart:
- Additional project management certifications (i.e. CSM, PgMP, etc.)
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Significant consulting experience
- PMP certification from PMI or equivalent certification or depth of experience
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.