Gymshark recognises that we can only grow by investing in true Innovation. This is a role where you will be responsible for helping drive and support projects aligned with the Innovation strategy roadmap.
As a newly created function, the Innovation Team have a duty and responsibility to drive business impact for all product areas of the business. We support the strategic and tactical needs of our internal clients with highly flexible, tailored and innovative bespoke solutions to help drive real business outcomes.
You will be responsible for creating viable concepts for new ideas that disrupt and excite our customers and business. You will work within the team that creates prototypes and samples and provide technical expertise to the inline team and business. You will help with key relationships, internally and externally, and ensure they are maintained. You will have the technical skill and will ensure all the products are built with precision, quality and on time.
Could you be our next Junior Knit Programmer? Here’s the role up close:
Creation of prototypes:
- Learning and assisting in the programming of the Santoni knitting machines and learning the technical aspects, problem-solving and any problem encounters with the knitting machines.
- Solving of seamless suppliers garment problem and assisting in the day to day operation of the knitting room
- Maintaining libraries of cones of yarns and finished samples with full specification sheets for further reproduction for all prototypes generated
- Keeping abreast of trends and new developments in circular knit and warp knit machines
- Assisting the Knit Programmer to generate samples by programming the knit machines from a specification sheet.
- Exploring and experimenting with new concepts, generating innovative ideas.
- Taking control of sample requests and workflow when the Knit Programmer is away from the business.
- Applying technical skills such as tensioning and exploring various knit structures to achieve prototype request
- Ensuring samples created meet standards set
- Helping to maintain knitting machines and troubleshooting by analysing knitted prototype and is able to apply insight to improve the product.
Management and Support:
- Supporting the innovation team in all seamless developments
- Managing the storing, cataloguing of all samples, order componentry and checking it is in place to be able to make samples requested.
- Leading and supporting the generation of prototypes for Innovation projects on circular knit machines and warp knit machines.
- You will monitor quality control in prototypes, e.g. measurements and give feedback to teams on their briefing in and clarity of requests.
- Collaborating with the knit room on all seamless development and current issues with suppliers.
- You will need to be able to manage conversations, where concepts booked in, are not achievable whilst still being able to protect relationships.
- Supporting relations between the innovation department and others such as product development and inline design, ensuring that all people are fully updated on all projects whilst ensuring an all-inclusive approach.
- Building relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders to scan for innovations and opportunities to form partnerships.
- You will also be the type of person who is creative and technical, where you will need to demonstrate excellent creativity, communication, presentation, time management and analytical skills are required.
- Previous technical experience and the aptitude to learn the technical side of the machine we use.
- To be computer literate with experience in graphic drawings
- Have previous experience with illustrator or equivalent
- Industry knowledge of product solutions with the view of pushing the boundaries.
- To be aware of current and emerging manufacturing technologies and processes in apparel, footwear and accessories.
- Have an in-depth understanding of managing a workshop environment related to product development
- Awareness in all aspects of the sample development process, with skill for understanding how to rapidly test and learn.
- To have an understanding of how things work and how they are made commercially in all or one area of apparel, footwear and accessories.
- To be capable of collecting, tailoring and applying measurement and information to meet a specification.
- Have the ability to work, stay calm in a fast-paced environment and in uncertainty inspiring the same in the team.
- Great communication skills when translating complex concepts into simple terms where required.
Here are some of the perks we offer:
🙌 Opportunity to work on high traffic, high performing e-commerce system
🤑 Competitive ‘Win Together, Lose Together’ Bonus
🩺 Full private medical insurance with no excess
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
💻 A truly flexible working culture
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🎁 Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS Campus Perks:
🍎 Refuel – Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂️ Free Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership for yourself and two friends/family
👉 Free monthly massages