VoCoVo Company Overview
Every day, 50,000 people in 5,000 locations are doing business using VoCoVo technology. Our devices connect and deliver technology to deskless and remote workers.
VoCoVo is a leading voice & technology challenger brand. Many of Britain’s biggest household names rely on our voice communication technology to connect their workforces like Tesco, Co-Op and Primark. We work with big names, but we operate a lean team. 50 of our 80 employees work in Research and Development, leading the way in developing voice-activated software for business.
We’re now ranked 5th in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100. We know we can better that.
Our year-on-year growth has been exponential, up 2,500% in the last 4 years and it’s still accelerating. We can better that too. In 2021 our ambition is to expand further into the European and North American marketplaces. We’re ambitious and we like a challenge.
We are looking for 2 world class business development managers who will accelerate our UK expansion into new markets and spot new potential in existing ones. Individuals with an intuitive instinct for new business and the determination to bring it to the table.
The role will suit an experienced professional seeking an opportunity where they can achieve a personal best, as well as a company best. We back those who challenge us and in return we take care of their welfare and wellbeing.
We offer challenges, autonomy, personal growth and success.
We require commitment, high performance, integrity and personal responsibility.
We are seeking Business Development Managers who can match our game – and raise it.
Purpose of the role
The Business Development Manager will add the firepower necessary for us to achieve our stretch targets in 2021. As a brand ambassador for VoCoVo, you will spot opportunities in a volatile marketplace and build business pipelines. You will be highly proactive in initiating conversations and closing deals. Ambitious but not at the expense of integrity. Driven by value rather than volume.
Our Business Development Manager will work hand in hand with our dynamic sales and marketing team and our R&D team.
- Actively contribute to a 2021 sales strategy which will take new business into overdrive. Inject fresh, innovative ideas into strategic planning
- Create a powerful pipeline of new business opportunities in the UK
- ‘Opportunity-spot’ in the market to generate leads and follow up other potential new business initiated by in house activities. Ensure that such activity is in sync with the existing SLAs between sales and marketing teams
- Build robust and persuasive business cases for retailers, proving a TCO (total cost of ownership) and an ROI (return on investment) that is hard to resist
- Produce and present outstanding memorable sales presentations to decision-makers at director level. Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the challenges facing their industries and how VoCoVo technology can help resolve them.
- Negotiate confidently on multi-million deals whilst protecting VoCoVo business interests
- Develop and maintain customer relationships at all levels, from shop floor to boardroom, to create customer demand from scratch
- Keep a close eye on all sales processes, evaluate and adjust to optimize performance
- Ensure a smooth, client-friendly handover of new customers to the relevant Account Manager
- Work collaboratively with the sales & marketing team.
Skills and Qualifications required
- Minimum 4 years proven experience in new business development, selling into Tier 1 retailers, and a track record in delivering client-focused solutions.
- High level of self-motivation and confident in contacting customers and initiating conversations
- A clear, confident and charismatic communicator with the ability to influence all stakeholders at all levels of seniority both inside and outside the company
- An active listener as well as an arch negotiator
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Personally resilient, demonstrating maturity and professionalism
- A ‘bring it on’ attitude to changes or obstacles
- We believe in 1-team so a reliable team player is essential.
Nice to have skills and qualifications
- An understanding and interest in software development and technology
- Degree in Business Administration, Sales or related field.
What we can offer you
- An autonomous role where you are the master of your own destiny
- Personal career opportunities as we scale
- A dynamic team culture with an employee-wide bonus scheme linked to annual results.
- Home based, within 50 miles of the Head Office in Shipton under Wychwood
- Salary £60,000 + £6,000 car allowance
- Sales commission + Company bonus scheme
- 25 Days holiday + bank holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance & Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Free on-site company parking
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity package
- Training & development