The key elements to the role are Strategy and Planning, Acquisition and Deployment, and Operational Management.
Strategy & Planning
- Liaise with department heads and end users to define and identify business procedures and establish documentation needs for hardware and software.
- Analyse IT project requirements to determine types of documents needed.
- Collaborate with systems and development staff to collect and interpret technical information.
- Liaise with printers and graphic artists to plan layout, graphical elements, and formatting of documents.
- Ensure final documents are usable and of high quality.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research, evaluate and recommend new documentation tools and methods in support of documentation improvement efforts.
- Develop documentation project plans and timelines.
- Plan, design, research, write and edit a range of documents, including; user guides and manuals, technical specifications, training materials, user policies and proposals for both print and online media.
- Edit written documentation of development and other IT staff to create unified and consistent support documents.
- Establish, communicate and maintain documentation standards and provide training where required.
- Maintain currency and accuracy of all documentation.
- University degree in the field of Technical Communication, English, or Journalism. A background in technology is desirable.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in a similar position.
- Hands-on technical writing and editing experience, with specific experience in documenting information technology software and systems.
- Knowledge of information gathering, planning and organizing methods and principles.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Design Products, SharePoint and basic HTML.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and interviewing skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly, specifically complex technical information.
- Ability to analyse target audience and to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Good understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The successful applicant will:
- Create and maintain IT documentation, instructions, manuals and audio-visual content.
- Translate technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Work with Process, CSI and service owners to produce a wide variety of technical publications including instructional materials, technical manuals, product documentation and the like, for use by both the IT and business community.
- Interviews subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information, prepare written text, and coordinate layout and material organisation.
- Research information such as drawings, design reports, equipment and test specifications to fill any gaps.
- Reviews, critiques, and edits documentation including design documents, programmer notes and system overviews.
- Maintain internal documentation library, providing and/or coordinating special documentation services as required and have oversight of special projects.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you’ll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you’re interested in applying for this role.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence