IT Support Desk Coordinator
UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Desk Coordinator to join our team to work in Coleshill.
To support the wider internal IT team at BBV.
What you’ll be doing
- Prioritise system incidents and requests and liaise with relevant support teams
- Keeping our active directory in sync with HR records and working with system owners to ensure that staff changes are reflected in our core systems
- Reporting on and escalating support incidents, updates and resolutions on IT Support System
- Measuring the customer experience and satisfaction of Technology & Data services provided by BBV to their workforce
- Support core office BBV users with BBV IT Services (printing solution, network access, data access, video conferencing, TV display tools, etc)
- Procurement process for all of the Technology and Data team within Oracle R12 raising requisitions with appropriate level of detail, working with the team to ensure orders are received on the system and assisting with any invoice/payment queries
Who we’re looking for
Experience in working in an IT help desk role
Demonstrable good general knowledge of IT systems and application
Background using Office 365 and service management tools
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK’s infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We’ve successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.