As a IT Security Analyst at HS2 you will be responsible for the security operations process including, but not limited to, proactive monitoring of IT services (e.g. e-mail, networks, platforms, and devices), root causes analysis on any breaches and identification of cyber security threats before they occur.
About the role:
- To be responsible for providing appropriate advice and guidance on information security for HS2 and ensuring all staff are informed of required security measures
- To be accountable for acting on vulnerability and threat information, to conduct security risk assessments for business applications and computer installations
- To be responsible for initiating investigations into IT security incidents
- To be responsible for managing relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups to gain compliance with HS2 policy
- To be accountable for monitoring & controlling security activities. As well as ensuring systems, methodology and processes are followed
- To be responsible for performing root cause analysis on IT Security breaches supporting the Senior IT Security Manager to deliver correct and timely information to stakeholders
- To be responsible for providing data reports on security audits and activities undertaken
- To be accountable for assisting in the continuous delivery and improvement of IT Security support and services
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Analysis. Ability to consider all relevant information to design and recommend appropriate solutions
- Communication skills. Ability to apply security concepts and accurately communicate security and risk implications across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Design secure systems. Ability to design and review system architectures through the application of patterns and principles
- Enabling and informing risk-based decisions. Ability to work with risk owners to provide advice and feedback
- Knowledge of IT security policies
- Knowledge of IT security domain methodologies, framework, design and implementation
- Knowledge of how to conduct a root cause analysis
- Experience of providing IT Security support
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.