The key elements to the role are Strategy, Planning and Operational Management.
Strategy and Planning
- Monitor and analyse trends in company spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings.
- Develop, establish, implement, and enforce supplier and outsourcer guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements to the organization.
- Comply with all purchasing policies and procedures, including those for equipment, hardware, software, and service provision, in conjunction with department leads and department-specific requirements.
- Analyse trends and market conditions for present and future pricing, availability, lead-time, and capacity of goods and services.
- Interview, identify, and qualify potential new vendors or suppliers in order to secure more cost-effective sources of products and services.
- Develop and deliver purchasing and inventory reports, bid proposals, requirements documentation, and tender documents.
- Review and maintain the global supplier/contract base for the IT category, and update annual IT category plans to re-tender, consolidate, expand or change suppliers, as appropriate to leverage optimum service and value.
- Direct and manage sourcing strategies from beginning to end.
- Define purchasing recommendations that support business goals, in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of sale, and warranties of goods and products with key suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of contracts with contractors and/or service providers.
- Monitor vendor, service provider, outsourcer, and/or contractor performance to ensure quality of service.
- Provide periodic oversight and execution of vendor requalification.
- stablish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent sourcing activities.
- Effectively communicate procurement strategies to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear way.
- Manage escalated issues and between vendor and the company, and coordinate key actions arising.
- Where possible, standardize equipment to lower total costs.
- Education / Qualifications Honors degree or equivalent.
- Qualified purchasing professional (MCIPS) – desirable
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience / Knowledge of procurement legislation, supplier and contract management.
- Experience of procuring contracts.
- Experience of implementing procurement policy, procedures.
- Experience and use of procurement systems.
- Strong working knowledge of procurement processes.
- Project/programme management experience.
- Extensive expertise, having operated at both a tactical and strategic level with a strong track record of success in delivering financial savings.
- Experience of sourcing and contract management of corporate categories such as IT, HR, Legal Services.
- Previous experience of conducting business process re-engineering.
- Proven track record of working in an environment where customer needs are variable.
- Experience of implementing/working under category management-based approaches.
- Experience of tendering and managing high value contracts (exceed £1m).
- Experience of implementing best practice contract and supplier management.
- Highly motivated and self-directed; able to effectively prioritize and execute while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Empathetic and with strong interpersonal skills; able to influence, negotiate and resolve conflict
- Proven ability to communicate and explain complex issues in clear, concise, persuasive language both verbally and in writing
- Highly adaptable and flexible; able to adjust quickly to new situations and changing priorities
- Facilitate and influence end to end engagement to achieve desired business outcomes
- Experience and expertise in relationship management
The role holder will plan, execute, and finalize purchasing and procurement strategies for technology spend across the organization. This includes acquiring resources within budget and facilitating communication between the Business and its providers in order to deliver products and services according to plan. The IT Category Manager will also define the objectives of services reviews in order to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles. All activities will be in line with Group procurement guidelines and principles, ethics and sustainability objectives to deliver lowest total cost of ownership for solutions.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you’ll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you’re interested in applying for this role.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence