Bring your passion and individuality to work every day.
DLA Piper is honoured to manage some of the largest global trademark portfolios for a number of the world’s most valuable brands and to handle significant trademark litigation matters for leading global corporations. Our peerless cross-border collaboration means that all of our people, irrespective of location, have access to work with more breadth and depth than can be said of many of our competitors.
As part of the continuing development of our business, we have ambitious plans to continue to grow our UK IP practice. Crucially we are challenging ourselves to ensure that the manner in which we deliver our trade mark services leads the market, and that we maximise the opportunities offered by our unique global platform so that it delivers unrivalled benefits to our clients. To help drive forward our strategy, we are now seeking to recruit am IP Senior Associate in London who will contribute to the shaping of this part of our global IP business.
If you want to be part of our journey to become the world’s leading global business law firm – helping us redefine the possible – make the leap into your future, and speak to us today.
MAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and experienced individual to get involved in a wide variety of both contentious, non-contentious and transactional IP matters, as well as advisory and clearance work including:
- Enforcement, exploitation and commercialisation of intellectual property rights, including how IP rights apply to new forms of technology and products
- Complex multi-jurisdictional IP litigation
- Advising on ownership and licensing of IP rights, including disputes
- Advising on contentious matters before IPEC and the High Court
- Drafting correspondence, evidence and liaising with experts
- Negotiating and drafting settlement and co-existence agreements
- Drafting IP agreements including assignments and licences
- Advising on IP matters in the context of transactions
A sector focus of the candidate in one or more of DLA Piper’s key industry sectors would be advantageous.
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 4 and 6 years’ PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to successfully undertake this role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Solicitor, ideally qualified in England & Wales or a Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Have experience in in a wide range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters
- Have a strong academic record
- Have excellent attention to detail and ability to work methodically essential
- Have exceptional organisational/time management skills
- Be reliable and have a professional manner; and
- Have high standards of client service and responsiveness
So bring your ambition, initiative and entrepreneurial mind-set to a global business that’s redefinition the expectations of a law firm.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.