Inbound logistics has been brought in-house and will be an integral to Supply Chain delivery. The Inbound Supply Chain Manager will develop a lean and agile team, building relationships across GSHK, GSMU and GSHQ to optimise value in flowing goods to meet into warehouses dates for ultimate customer delivery.
You will provide leadership and direction to your team; recruiting, developing and coaching to form part of a professional, pro-active and value-adding logistics function. You will be responsible for directing freight with forwarders, setting-out internal and external good process and control with a cost-focus mentality, intervening to best support and meet agreed inbound lead times. You will have practical experience of managing intake perhaps for retailers, and a record of achievement within logistics, ideally with a minimum educational attainment of A-levels or a diploma with a supply chain institute.
- Oversee freight forwarder contracts and to share with the business all critical information: cut-offs, transits, expected & confirmed into warehouse dates for all transport modes
- Be aware of all New Product launch dates; manage and monitor the performance and be prepared to intervene where there is risk to achieving accepted into warehouse dates
- Work closely with Commercial team on quantity and into distribution arrangements to need demand
- Align with Head of Sourcing and Procurement on vendor allocation and building volume forecasts to ensure capacity within the deliver networks to meet Gymshark’s sales plans
- Developing solutions to non-standard issues. Identify and respond to pressing needs of Gymshark for ad hoc shipments and in meeting launches
- Provide costings from all origins and freight movements to enable the commercial teams to understand their uplifts on FOB/FCA prices
- Set KPIs for the Inbound Supply Chain function and for freight forwarders
- Examine current operations and assess gaps, limitations and pressing need to deliver certainty of movement, speed to market, flexible services, good management, lower cost and strong external relationships
- Align with the wider Sourcing Department on goals and deliverables
- You will create annual budgets and resource requirements to support the movement of goods for Gymshark
- A proven track record in managing an Inbound Supply Chain team, ideally within a retail/FMCG environment.
- A sound knowledge of the freight forwarding industry
- Organised, analytical, detail-minded & patient
- Be able to confidently & clearly communicate to all levels of the business
- Good command of MS suite
WHEN YOU’LL HEAR AFTER APPLYING:
We receive loads of applications for roles here at Gymshark. It’s a great problem to have, but it does mean it can take us a little longer to try and give every application the attention it deserves.
Rest assured, we read and respond to every application. After we’ve taken a look at your skills and experience on your application, there’s a number of things that could happen next:
We’ll let you know as soon as possible if it’s not meant to be this time.
If it’s looking promising, we’ll be in touch with an email and a short phone call and understand what sits behind the CV!
If it’s looking really promising, we’ll aim to put some faces to some names and arrange a first interview.
And then if it’s looking really, really promising, we’ll be inviting you in for a second interview and usually a project to assess your skills and capabilities!