Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This role contributes to improving health, safety and environment (HSE) performance, helping the organization to deliver a high-performing culture through clear accountability and a skilled organization in the Electrification business based in the Leeds office. You will apply your HSE knowledge to provide solutions and advice to address a variety of issues and actively promote a safety culture and awareness across Leeds site.
- Plan, implement and coordinate strategic and practical safety programs. Incorporate best practice and leading research in to H&S planning.
- Ensure compliance of all EH&S issues and management systems (ISO 45001 and ISO 14001).
- Identify and drive continual improvement and best practice in all key health & safety tasks.
- Lead committee meetings on H&S as well as Fire Wardens, First Aiders etc. and advise on all health & safety issues and legislative implications.
- Collation and reporting of accident statistics for Leeds. Ensure any incidents/accidents are fully investigated to root cause level and corrective actions implemented.
- Ensure all legal requirements are met and where necessary liaise with appropriate authorities.
- Drive a comprehensive Audit and Risk Assessment program.
- Empower all levels of management and employees to use and follow health & safety tools and practices. Provide H&S refresher training to develop and maintain awareness.
- Complete all appropriate reports in line with company requirements and handle all health & safety related insurance claims.
- Other duties may have to be undertaken which will be determined by the Company, taking in to account the current level of responsibilities, experience and capabilities.
- Health & Safety qualification – NEBOSH Diploma and minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a HSE capacity.
- Experience of implementation/maintaining of ISO 45001, ISO14001 and ISO9001.
- Knowledge of building regulations, energy management and environmental.
- Capable of acquiring and applying legal, technical and regulatory information.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Strong collaboration and team working skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Driving License.
- Electrical experience and previously worked in a manufacturing environment (Desirable).
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.