Health and Safety Officer

Permanent Murray Myers Ltd in Engineering & Manufacturing
  • Post Date : March 22, 2021
  • Salary: £25,000.00 - £30,000.00 / Per Annum
  • Applications 0
  • View(s) 40
Email Job
  • Share:

Job Description

This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety professional who would like to develop in an autonomous role in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Working for an organisation based at their Headquarters just outside Birmingham. The role will be 80% focussed on the health and safety of head office staff and the other 20% on driving and warehouse staff.
Some travel is expected quarterly to other UK sites in Manchester, Scotland and Kent – applicants must have a full driving licence.

Key Responsibilities:

• Ensure H & S statement and policies are fit for purpose
• Communicate policies and measures to ensure adherence
• Implement and maintain risk assessments for all areas
• Develop committees
• Stay up to date on current and future legislation and keep company informed
• Liaise with external bodies
• Record, monitor and report statistics

Personal Specification:

• Experience of managing or supporting a H & S function
• NEBOSH – working towards, completed or willing to work towards
• Ability to conduct through risk assessments including manual handling and work station assessments
• Able to work in a stand-alone role
• Excellent communication skills
• Commercially aware

Other jobs you may like