Gymshark are looking for a Head of Production to help lead, manage and grow our passionate and talented team.
You love production and are at your happiest when connecting and working with smart, passionate people to take developed creative concepts and bringing them to life through world-first, disruptive content that genuinely moves the needle. You enjoy building teams, growing culture and developing talent.
You can see the bigger picture, how each production continues a narrative, provides value and how they all add up to building a successful brand. You enjoy managing, inspiring and leading a team to consistently produce industry defining content. You understand how important our community is to us, and would relish taking our brand vision and developing a clear vision for how Production as a discipline and our talented team can add to it.
You are a natural leader, being able to work with, and articulate yourself clearly to multiple stakeholders across several teams. The successful candidate will have proven experience in growing and mentoring production teams, and helping build the environment for them to bring ideas to life, however blue sky the thinking.
Leadership & Strategy
- Work with Brand Leadership to help define how the Production team can help deliver the wider Brand vision.
- Be seen as a leader in the industry, pushing our brand, its values and driving change in line with our Brand Purpose of Uniting the Conditioning Community.
- Manage all members of the team and guide and align them to achieve that vision, whilst producing world-first, disruptive content.
- Work with the other ‘Heads of’ in Brand to co-ordinate approaches and provide transparency across the teams, making them greater than the sum of their parts.
- Grow and develop the team by setting out individual development plans with clear goals and objectives and following up with regular 1 on 1 meetings to help achieve them.
- Set the tone for the whole team, championing the best production practices from both the team and the wider industry.
- Contribute to the strategic development of production plans, identifying any additional information needed.
- Resource the best team to work on these projects, identifying how to unlock talent and produce world-class content.
- Continually develops practices and processes to inspire, disrupt and encourage new ways of thinking.
- Work with multiple suppliers and campaign (project managers) to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget but still to the highest quality.
- Oversea the creation of award entries and case studies to showcase both internally and externally the work the department does, being the champion of the team and distributing its capabilities to all relevant stakeholders.
- An excellent portfolio that spans both online and offline areas of media production across multiple content types and outputs including TVC, long and short form, and photography production.
- An extensive experience in the creative industry across a plethora of channels; deep expertise in media production.
- Experience managing, leading and developing large production teams
- Experience collaborating with creatives and vendors to seamlessly execute projects.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, interpersonal and inter-departmental.
- Thought leadership: a strong point of view; ability to contribute to the strategic development of an department.
- The ability to develop, inspire and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work.
- A solid understanding of media as well as the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape.
- Ability to establish cross functional relationships and act as a creative leader for the department.