As a supporting function, the Tech Team have a practical application and operate to the Scrum framework to delivery highly scalable user experiences to our customers and to the rest of the business. However, with the introduction of our mobile applications, data pipelines and bringing our integrations and digital operations in house, Gymshark has moved into the Tech company space offering digital products through various platforms for the first time.
The Head of Delivery is responsible for the growth of the Delivery team spanning all other engineering teams across mobile, web, software and automation products. Their primary focus is the delivery of highly scalable customer experiences across mobile and web based client side applications, software, APIs and internal applications. You will own the processes and delivery mechanisms involved in delivering the requirements of the business whilst ensuring the teams live agile values and principles day to day.
The Head of Delivery will manage and develop a team of process coaches, project managers and scrum masters coaching and developing them in Agile practices and leadership to ensure their teams deliver performance and innovation whilst living Gymshark values. Ultimately, you will shape the future of technology delivery processes in one of the most exciting and scalable brands in the world.
- Leading the Delivery function within Tech.
- Building and leading a team of Delivery Leads, Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters and Project Managers both in number and depth as well as capability.
- Play a key role in our Agile transformation as a function and accelerate our growth as a team through our delivery capability.
- Improving our delivery mechanisms and processes through the Delivery Team and working closely with our Digital Product team and various stakeholders
- Reporting to the Engineering Director and working horizontally with the Tech Leadership team to build high performing teams while building upon our world renowned culture.
- Defining the ongoing delivery strategy and contributing to the wider product and engineering strategies that drive the Tech team forward in line with the growth of the business.
- Significant knowledge of the Agile framework, previous experience working in Agile environments and/or experience in leading Agile engineering teams preferably having experience of working in a similar capacity in previous employment.
- An appropriate Advanced delivery qualification such as CSM, CLP or similar.
- Demonstrable experience in people management and coaching to achieve high performing teams.
- Experience as a hiring manager in a previous role or demonstrable experience in hiring lead and senior level staff.
- Experience in leading Agile transformation, coaching Agile principles and Scrum frameworks to stakeholders and participants.
- Clear sense of self and an ability to lead and work within self-regulating, autonomous teams
- An appetite to learn and be continuously curious
- To be able to live the Gymshark values
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE:
- Previous experience in product focussed teams or the delivery of digital products
- Experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Engineer and gravitated towards Delivery as a specialism
- Experience managing large teams
- Experience with Atlassian Jira or a similar delivery tracking tool and the ability to demonstrate application of Agile processes using such tools.
- Any other experience or interests (weird and wonderful encouraged) you feel are relevant to the role – show us what makes you tick!
Here are some of the perks we offer:
🙌 Opportunity to work on high traffic, high performing e-commerce systems
🤑 Competitive ‘Win Together, Lose Together’ Bonus
🩺 Full private medical insurance with no excess
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
💻 A truly flexible working culture (role needs someone to come to HQ at least twice a week but not every day).
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount & Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS Campus Perks:
🍎 Refuel – Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂ Free Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership for yourself and two friends/family
👉 Free monthly massages
💈 Beauty and Barber facilities
🚘 Free on-site parking