Landscape Architecture is the most recent addition to a wide range of services we offer our clients at Pick Everard. The department have grown from strength to strength and is already proving to be very successful. As a result, we are looking to grow the team in Leicester and appoint a Graduate Landscape Architect, who will work closely with the Senior Landscape Architect.
You will assist in the design and delivery of landscape projects and will be involved in a variety of innovating public and private sector schemes. Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Study site characteristics and undertake survey advising on constraints and opportunities of the site and landscape context to ensure site integration
- Assist in developing landscape design from inception to completion
- Prepare drawings for all work stages and draft reports including specifications for design and construction for hard and soft landscape.
- Assist with cost estimates for landscape elements of the design
- Assist preparing Landscape Management Plans, provide input into BREEAM process
- Present technical work at meetings with both clients and colleagues if required
The Leicester office is our newly refurbished Head Office, accessed easily by bus routes and is just a few minutes’ walk from the train station.
Key skills and experience we would like you to have:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in industry – placement or work experience will be considered
- Strong knowledge of plants and construction materials
- Degree accredited by the Landscape Institute (LI) – MSc is desirable
- Ability to use various computer software programmes relevant to role – preferably Vectorworks (desirable, although training would also be provided);
- Competent using AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop or Sketchup
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, self-motivated and fast learner
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage time with multiple tasks with limited supervision
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We’re looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure, and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centred around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented, and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it’s good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note we are not accepting speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies for this role.