Gas Contracts Officer
Excellent opportunity for a Gas Contracts Officer to join a fantastic team!
Hours: Full time (35 hours/week)
Location: West Midlands
- To provide day to day leadership of the management of Gas (Commercial and Domestic) contracts, to ensure all contracts are developed, implemented, managed and effectively delivered.
- To drive value across all services and contracts, whilst continuing to deliver quality homes.
- To lead monthly contractor meetings for contractors and improvement plans put in place where there is underperformance.
- To obtain third party audits of services and installations and act on recommendations with gas contractors.
- To provide technical advice to the service delivery team where required or ensure that advice is obtained from external sources.
- To manage contractors to ensure that they are meeting required targets, standards and monitor
Key Performance Indicators
- To issue remedial and planned work using in house management systems and that control measures are in place, to ensure that all completed works comply with the current contractual, regulatory and legislative.
- To examine estimates and ensure technical advice is provided as required.
- To monitor and control expenditure in accordance with budget, prepare and authorise invoices for payment in accordance with policy.
- To ensure the effective use of housing management systems ensuring that key data is recorded, stored and maintained to agreed standard and is of good quality, in order to meet the demands of the department or function and the wider business.
- To ensure compliance with Health and Safety and service related legislation and promote a positive health and safety culture.
- To action, identify and investigate unsafe procedures notices and other reportable incidents and advise communities colleagues of safeguarding or other issues reported by gas contractors.
- To work in accordance with The Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1988 and associated British Standards
- To assist the Mechanical and Electrical Manager with procurement exercises including drafting specifications and tender documentation.
Requirements for the Role:
- Minimum 3 years relevant demonstrable experience with a Gas contractor, Council or Social housing, M&E operations, Construction, Property Services ,contract or administration background.
- To have an up to date knowledge of the necessary guidance notes, codes of practice, statutory and legislative requirements relevant to the role
- Experience of working accurately to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Experience of planning, prioritising and organising workloads
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel & Microsoft packages
- Highly motivated with a passion to succeed
- Experience in updating housing management systems
- Ability to multi task and possess excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- bility to work collaboratively with others to deliver high quality services to our customer
- A full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use.
For more information on this position, please contact Lois Weston in the recruitment team on 07989203959.