Functional Skills Lead
This position of Functional skills (FS) Curriculum Lead is responsible for the quality and delivery of learning and assessment of functional skills. The role requires the postholder to be able to identify FS issues and be capable of analysing data to report on trends, manage risks and be capable of effective action planning to ensure the delivery of high-quality Learning and Assessment.
The post holder will support the Head of Quality (HOQ) to develop and implement a common FS delivery process that ensures a standardised but high-quality functional skills experience for all apprentices and learners.
Duties will include quality assurance, curriculum development and the provision and support to the operational coaches with retention of some FS teaching responsibilities.
A key role is to work alongside the HOQ to ensure the FS delivery schedules and scheme of work that have been agreed are implemented exactly from programme/project commencement, ensuring that that high quality FS provision and teaching is maintained, informing the HOQ about any relevant quality, progress and delivery issues or potential deviations from the scheme of work and delivery plan that do not support the learners potential to achieve FS qualifications at the first attempt.
Main duties and responsibilities
• The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Agree and design FS curriculum and bespoke programmes across the vocational offer, provide high quality Learning and Assessment delivery. Mentor and support operational staff and support all learners to achieve their qualification on time and first time ensuring an excellent learner experience.
• Monitor enrolments, attendance, and success rates, evaluating data and reporting trends to the Operations/Partnerships Director, taking action as appropriate and produce reports on such matters as requested.
• Prepare/design Schemes of Work, training packages, workbooks for training and assessment, as required by the HOQ.
• Identify, develop, and report on any further/additional business opportunities from the client/employer training delivered.
• Enrol and induct apprentices/learners if required, ensuring all information is correct.
• Carry out support for any Functional Skills Initial Assessment, Diagnostics, End Tests and provide appropriate delivery and support where required.
• Support pre-entry level English and math learners, so that they can progress onto Entry and Level 1 FS and upwards.
• Maintain individual records and work accurately to support the learner’s progress, monitoring learner progress and ensuring deadlines are met by the learners.
• Keep the CQO and HOQ informed of the progress of learners, or any issues, on any programme.
• Attend Team and meetings as required or as appropriate.
• Present apprentices’ work for formative and summative IQA when required.
• Undertake Internal Verification (IQA role) activities where required. Support and mentor coaches with FS delivery
• Complete all required documentation relating to records for audit and inspection purposes in a timely manner.
• Be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of a programme of high-quality teaching and support the development of alternative delivery methods and electronic learning upholding the credibility of the organisation and the qualifications being delivered.
• Know and abide by all the Health and Safety rules on client sites and be aware of good H&S practice in the working environment.
• Identify the financial, health and safety, equality, confidentiality, or other risks associated with the post’s sphere of responsibility and to define and take positive action to manage these risks.
• Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required to ensure high quality learning and assessment and first-time achievement rates.
• Practice, promote and maintain the companies “5Ps” professional codes of practice and behaviours.
What’s in it for you?
Salary £32K – Rising to £34K after a successful probationary period
Hours – 39 Hours per week
Location – National Travel – Working from home when not visiting clients