About The Role
RAC are now recruiting for a Front-End Developer (Angular or React) to join the Digital Development Team in Bristol or Bescot (Walsall) on a permanent basis.
Our teams are currently working from home with plans to transition to a hybrid working model from early 2022 when colleagues will return to the office up to 3 days per week.
You can expect to support and architect the enhancement and refactoring of the user interface of the RAC browser-based interfaces, undertaking activities in scrum / agile to build and deliver solutions for our customers across all web platforms. There will be multiple projects running at one time so will be required to achieve tight deadlines and work with the Senior Front-End Developers to ensure budgets are being met and project time scales are being adhered to.
- Form a vital part of our front-end team and support the creation of an environment of collaboration, support and fun to ensure both the team and the business enjoy working together.
- Work with the senior developers to deliver the highest quality of work and complete projects within sprint timeframes.
- Always implementing best practice, delivering internal communications, and trialling new tools and approaches whilst adhering to RAC governance.
- Adopt web design principles to ensure www.rac.co.uk and www.myrac.co.uk renders across multiple devices to deliver a growing membership base in line with RAC’s vision and strategy.
- Create coding in collaboration with our backend developers to provide test activities to the test team in-line with agreed sprint cycles for deployment and digital releases.
- Assist in the development of procedures to help deliver high performance through promotional and tactical offers to increase company revenue.
- Risk identification, and documentation of code and content to help the wider team share knowledge efficiently and to maintain governance and version control in line with company policies and procedures