We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
As our Footwear Testing and Developer, you will have significant experience working within a Footwear Development, Testing and Design function. You will be comfortable operating in a dynamic and fast-changing environment with the ability to support the Innovation Director, Product Development and Testing Team in establishing a world-class product creation and management function within a business experiencing exponential growth. You will also be a natural team collaborator with the ability to engage, connect and influence across multiple functions. You are someone who is driven by Footwear Creation and its Materialization.
The Footwear Developer role is responsible for:
- Managing the product lifecycle from design concept to production of assigned categories within footwear
- Leading the testing elements of the product lifecycle and maintaining product design and intent during its lifecycle
- Working closely with Designers, Fit Technicians and the Materials team throughout the product creation process ensuring critical design features are followed. Attendance in all key cross-functional meetings, to help drive the process and ensure all cross-functional teams are aligned.
- Maintaining and managing relations and everyday tasks with external partners such as factories, suppliers and external consultants in relevant fields
- Contributing to the creation of timelines, calendars and assuring critical milestones are met
- Partnering up closely with the production team on all production outcomes
- Key understandings of footwear fitting, grading, construction and manufacture
- Having the capability to create Technical Packages and manage interactions with factories and partners
- Researching and presenting new materials, techniques and features, also taking the led into product research and innovation
- Working with GSIQ Innovation/Testing team to deliver fully tested and validated product concepts and building briefs matching the criteria
- Managing the direct development process between HQ and Tier1 partners in a collaborative, effective and result-oriented manner to achieve optimum results for your area of responsibility.
- Inputting into optimizing the product lifecycle following Development and testing
- Utilising testing and data insights to support the Innovation Director with the development of footwear design and strategy
- Ensuring footwear design is aligned with the family of products and matches all the high standards of footwear testing methods
- Previous experience in a Footwear product development role
- Previous experience within testing (footwear testing, component testing, biomechanical testing)
- Solid Industry knowledge in regards to footwear manufacturing
- The ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in product construction/materials and techniques/component level
- The ability to work collaboratively with other team members to deliver immediate tasks
- You will need to be a self-motivated person, deadline-driven, being proactive, have a keen eye for detail, be result-oriented and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with great optimism.
- Must be literate in applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE AT GYMSHARK…
- Create, believe, lead the strategy and energise the organisation
- Are comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Understand and can operate in an environment where change is the norm
Here are some of the perks we offer:
🙌 Opportunity to work on high traffic, high performing e-commerce system
🤑 Competitive ‘Win Together, Lose Together’ Bonus
🩺 Full private medical insurance with no excess
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
💻 A truly flexible working culture
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🎁 Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS Campus Perks:
🍎 Refuel – Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂️ Free Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership for yourself and two friends/family
👉 Free monthly massages