Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Home Based Field Service Engineer based in the South East of England responsible for QCS and DCS systems.
- Represents ABB as site engineer or site responsible engineer as requested.
- Provides Hardware support on site for QCS and DCS equipment, including preventive and corrective maintenance, spares management and other system healthcare activities, including out of hours support.
- Provides application support to customers, on site and by remote link.
- Devises, prepares and presents Operational reports.
- Provides High level field and in house technical support, including out of hours support.
- Fulfils maintenance contract obligations.
- Promotes ABB products and services in conjunction with Sales and Account managers.
- Services, after initial training, the full range of ABB systems, DCS and QCS, including configuration, calibration, modification, cleaning, adjustment, Preventative and Corrective maintenance and pertinent documentation.
- Commissions equipment in the field.
- Advises clients as to maintenance procedures, evolution, site planning, operational methods, process measurement and control.
- Promotes sales of maintenance services and equipment, including spare parts, and advises Sales department of possible sales leads.
- Assists Sales and Account management with preparation of quotations.
- Be available on an ‘on call’ basis to advise customers out of hours and, if necessary, make unscheduled site visits, whether or not formally on call.
- Travels to sites anywhere in the UK for above activities.
- Prepares and writes technical reports for internal and external use.
- Accurate recording of maintenance tasks using bespoke ABB tools.
- Other duties as allocated by line manager.
- Degree or HND in Electrical or Measurement & Control Engineering.
- Clean Driving Licence (UK).
- Self Motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrate excellent customer focus.
- Good networking skills.
- Results orientation.
- Within 1 hour commuting distance to Maidstone, Kent – desirable.
- Knowledge of Paper Industry or Metals Industry – desirable.
- Knowledge of ABB QCS or OCS systems -desirable.
- Commercial awareness – desirable.