We’re a national law firm with a local reach. Our philosophy is ‘Expert Hand, Human Touch’ – something you’ll find in the way we work with our clients and how we support our teams. But we’re more than just a law firm – we’re a team of people working together to help individuals and businesses navigate life’s ups and downs. Working here you’ll feel a part of our friendly and inclusive environment.
We’ll value you for who you are and what you bring. We support each other and push boundaries to achieve incredible things and make a real difference to our clients and communities.
We’re always looking to support our colleagues in working in a way that best works for them. Please speak to one of our Talent Acquisition Team to find out more information about our flexible working arrangements.
The role of the Facilities Assistant in our Manchester office is to provide support to the wider Irwin Mitchell teams. This may be in relation to document services (post, scanning, reprographics), porterage services, office service centre management (stationery stock control, ordering & paper replenishment relating to MFD devices), meeting room (internal & client) and reception support, moves and changes and archiving support.
- Document services – Incoming / Outgoing post – Receipt, sorting, distributing & accounting of all incoming mail & courier deliveries. Regularly collecting outgoing items from floors and account for all such items following processes and procedures in place.
- Document services – Scanning – assisting with all scanning requests received to support the wider office in digital ways of working.
- Document services – Reprographics – Collect, process & deliver all copy, print, finishing and scanning requests according to priority. Assist with reprographics and manage the process of larger requests. Troubleshoot 1st line faults with the MFD’s (paper jams etc.).
- Office service centre management (stationery) – Maintain an agreed level of stationery & copy paper in all print devices and replenish from stock as required. Refill MFD’s with paper to ensure all paper trays are full. Ensure all such areas are tidied throughout the day.
- Meeting room/reception support – Assist with the booking of meeting rooms and car parking facilities for internal and external clients, provide support for the reception team and assist with the management of meeting rooms.
- Porterage services – move furniture and other items as required around the office, change meeting room furniture layouts as required.
- Ensuring that you have received the necessary training so that you can competently carry out your duties and responsibilities and acknowledge and accept a personal responsibility for safety.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that equipment is maintained and fit for purpose.
- Raise any concerns over Health & Safety breaches in accordance with Company Procedure
- A proactive and self-motivated individual.
- A flexible ‘can do’ attitude, responsive to changing environments.
- A team player.
- Ability to follow policy and procedure.
- Time management skills to plan work and meet demanding or conflicting timescales
- Flexible working options – Make work fit around your life, not the other way around.
- 25 days holidays as standard plus bank holidays – You can ‘buy’ up to 35hrs of extra holiday too
- Generous and flexible pension schemes.
- Volunteering days – Two days of volunteering every year for a cause of your choice (fully paid)
- Westfield Health membership, offering refunds on medical services alongside our Aviva Digital GP services.
We also offer a wide range of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace and to make sure you’re fully supported to work in a way that best suits you. This includes our Flexible by Choice programme which gives our colleagues more choice over how they wish to work subject to role and client requirements.
We have recently been ranked in the Best Workplaces for Wellbeing for Large Organisations for 2023!
Our responsible business programmes are fundamental to who we are and our purpose. We’re committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where our colleagues can flourish, and we have established a number of inclusion network groups across our business to support this aim.
Our commitment to Social Responsibility, community investment activity and tackling climate change is a fundamental part of who we are. It’s made up of four strands: Our People, Our Community, Our Environment and Our Pro Bono.
As part of the Irwin Mitchell Group’s on-boarding process all successful applicants are required to complete the group’s employment screening process. This process helps to ensure that all new employees meet our standards in relation to honesty and integrity therefore protecting the interests of the Group, existing employees, clients, partners and other stakeholders.
Depending on the role you apply for we may carry out checks that will establish your eligibility to work in the UK, and criminal record check and financial checks with a credit reference agency will also be undertaken.
The employment screening process will fully comply with Data Protection and other applicable laws.
Irwin Mitchell LLP is an equal opportunity employer.