Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will be the expert in delivering competitive bids, estimates and quotes to customers for Installation Products projects in Electrification Business Area. Create and complete bids/estimations/quotations based on customer specification or customer requirements/budget in order to achieve both market competitiveness and high margin for the Company. Maintain and improve the balance between all ABB units and customers related to ABB Furse. Reporting to the Hub Europe & AMEA Pricing Manager & Business Developer Manager, your attention to detail and ability to negotiate with multiple partners will be vital to this key component of project planning.
- Formulate competitive bids/estimates/quotations, taking into account best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensures tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs. Work to convert quotations in to orders.
- Manage the preparation of all technical (e.g. defining the most suitable technology and product type(s), financial (e.g. total price sheet, cash flow analysis) and if necessary project management (e.g. quantifies hours of engineering) aspects of the bid/estimate/quotation, indicating prices and trading conditions.
- In accordance with bid/estimate/quotation planning, ensure that inputs for editing activities are provided on time and according to established quality procedures. Manage external services to support bid/estimation preparation such as translations and governmental approvals. Coordinate with internal departments to promote the exchange of information.
- Collect and archive documentation regarding the offer/order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process. Regularly reports the status of the bids/estimates/quotations using defined tools and collects and analyses the reasons for tenders being lost and won.
- Identify potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels. Provides information and/or participates in the Risk Review process in accordance with ABB policy.
- Responsible for collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Provide any necessary technical support to Sales Managers during technical meetings with customers.
- Identify potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to check match with specifications. Collaborates with Product Manager and Supply Chain Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.
- 3-5 years’ experience within a similar role.
- Operational commercial skills which are customer focused.
- Awareness of influences internal and external which may affect the business.
- Customer and market knowledge.
- Communication and negotiating skills.
- Good Excel skills.
- Must develop and maintain good product knowledge as well as having a good understanding of their application and use this to increase sales potential.
- An understanding of export terminology and conditions for both freighting and finance.
- Knowledge of the requirement of ISO9001:2000.
- To be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Engineering background – preferable.
- Access/PowerBI – preferable.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.