Project: HS2 – Mace will act as a Construction Partner, working with HS2 Ltd and the station designers, to coordinate the building of the new station, including platforms, concourse and links to London Underground and other rail services.
The station Construction Partners will be responsible for working with HS2 Ltd and the station designers, to coordinate the delivery of the station, including platforms, concourse and links to the London Underground and other rail services.
At Euston, HS2 will more than double capacity, to deal with increasing passenger demand while freeing up space on the west coast mainline for more freight and local and long distance commuter services to places like Watford and Milton Keynes.
Mace and Dragados have a strong track record of delivering complex and demanding infrastructure projects in London and across the globe, including Battersea Power Station (phase 2), Birmingham New Street Station, Mumbai International Airport Terminal Two and work on delivering the Spanish high speed rail network.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and ongoing review of the EDI strategy and EDI policies and procedures in compliance with the HS2 work instruction 2200, including delivery of an externally verified EDI standard and achievement of the disability confident scheme.
- Collaborating with all Euston IPT (Integrated Project Team) partners to develop, implement and deliver the Euston IPT’s approaches to EDI, in particular ensuring that recruitment processes are inclusive and lead to increased participation by under-represented groups and individuals.
- Ensuring that all project individuals are aware of the contents of EDI policies and plans and the need to be compliant with them.
- Providing advice, guidance, and training in all matters regarding EDI.
- Working with the head of project services and project services manager to ensure EDI strategies are embedded in project HR practices.
- Working with the commercial team to ensure that EDI requirements and targets are embedded in all subcontracts, including carrying out assessments of tender applications.
- Working with project delivery teams and sub-contractors to ensure that EDI performance as set out in SWI2200 is being measured and targets achieved.
- Providing regular and ad-hoc reports on EDI performance.
- Providing advice and guidance around accessibility of operations and services and, through working with identified stakeholders, ensure inclusive design concepts are incorporated in site accommodation provisions and in station design work.
The EDI Lead is responsible for leading on the ongoing development and delivery of the ED&I strategy and plans, promoting diversity, helping the project to be an inclusive employer that values difference, actively addresses discrimination and creates a sense of belonging, where colleagues feel valued, developed and can be themselves at work. As part of the wider Project Services (HR team), this role will play a pivotal part in all key HR initiatives and practices, ensuring policies and plans are complied with and targets are achieved.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.