As an Engagement and Interface Manager in the Community and Stakeholder Engagement team at EK Integrated Project Team (IPT), based in Milton Keynes, you will be responsible for supporting the Senior Engagement & Interface Managers in the delivery of the Community Engagement Strategy and stakeholder relationship management activity for the Integrated Project Team. The role will also support the management, assurance, coordination and provision of guidance to the engagement and delivery teams working within the Integrated Project Team.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
About the role:
- To be responsible for supporting the delivery of community and stakeholder engagement activity for the HS2 development.
- To be responsible for working within the IPT to assure a joint execution of the engagement strategy.
- To be accountable for identifying and escalating any stakeholder engagement and interface issues, existing and potential, within the IPT and working with the Senior Engagement and Interface Manager for their resolution.
- To be responsible for identifying and escalating engagement risks.
- To be responsible for identifying and ensuring the delivery of engagement opportunities. This includes traditional and digital communications activities, such as events, meetings, site visits, newsletters and web content, designed to keep communities and stakeholders informed and involved in the project.
- To be responsible for identifying and escalating opportunities to mitigate the impact of HS2 construction work on local communities and stakeholders.
- To be accountable for supporting the successful delivery of IPT engagement performance, including monitoring against KPIs, auditing, assuring and checking quality of outputs.
- To be responsible for supporting the identification of best practices within the IPT and the creation of case studies to share with other IPTs and to promote the work of the teams both internally and externally.
- To be accountable for supporting the development and implementation of visitors centres and viewing platforms to further engage audiences.
- To be responsible for supporting and developing the content of HS2 community websites to ensure consistency and quality of information.
- To be accountable for providing local knowledge to the delivery teams (IPTs).
- To be responsible for supporting the IPT in the development of an overview of the communities along the route, their key issues, and ensuring efficient responses to enquiries and complaints from local communities and stakeholders.
Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Ability to network, influence, and develop collaborative relationships by listening and building trust amongst stakeholders and communities, using diplomacy at every stage.
- Ability to develop and deliver difficult messages to highly sensitive audiences.
- Ability to develop and deliver clear communications, both written and verbal.
- Experience of working with stakeholders and communities, devising strategies and managing the delivery of engagement activities for infrastructure or construction projects.
- Experience of supporting the implementation of innovative solutions in community engagement in a diverse and challenging environment.
- Experience of using new and innovative communication channels.
- Experience of delivering in a challenging environment and meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience of providing counsel across an organisation on stakeholder and community engagement issues.
- Experience of working in a political and/or regulated environment/sector.
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.