Electronics Design Engineer
- Achieve remarkable things for our customers, for the company and for each other
- Experience job satisfaction in a performance culture that empowers and inspires
- Enjoy the challenge of creating things that the rest of the world only dreamed of
- Moog culture is fundamentally about respect
Moog Aircraft Group are looking for an experienced Electronic Design Engineer to join our Test Equipment Team based in Tewkesbury. You’ll be responsible for the development of application specific electronic and electrical solutions, from concept to detailed design, for integration into complex Test Equipment Systems used to test devices employed on military and commercial aircraft safety critical systems.
Operating as a key element in a multi-discipline team, you’ll support the role of technical review for the deployment of electronic/ electrical solutions whilst assisting the Test Equipment Design Manager with the definition of these solutions in the creation of detailed proposals. You’ll also support the Test Equipment Sustainment Manager in defining and leading appropriate work packages for the maintenance, upgrade and administration of electronic and electrical solutions on existing Test Equipment deployed across Moog Aircraft Group Facilities and within Customer Facilities.
You’ll be responsible for preparing, maintaining and releasing documentation in support of the Test Equipment Common Development Process and during maintenance or upgrade activities. In addition to this you’ll provide vital support to the Test Equipment Design Manager with strategies for obsolescence management, maintenance and spares provision along with supporting root cause investigations, internal and external quality audits and identifying appropriate training courses to maintain capabilities within the Test Equipment Group. Health & Safety is key and you’ll recognize this by ensuring all practices are followed whilst writing or assisting with the completion and review of Risk Assessments and will demonstrate current knowledge and application of safety and industry standards and guidelines.
Your ability to function in a demanding engineering and production environment dealing with testing, test equipment and associated schedule problems will ensure your success in this role.
Minimum Bachelors’ degree, preferably a masters, or equivalent in a relevant Electronic/ Electrical engineering discipline is essential
- Proven experience in the development of Electronic/ electrical solutions for multi-axis, closed loop, servo-hydraulic and electromechanical Test Systems. Including the design, selection and application of Safety Related Equipment, PLCs and Motor Drive systems.
- Demonstrable commercial experience of analogue and digital electronics design. Particularly with application to closed loop control and transducer conditioning.
- Additional, recognised, qualifications in the application of Safety related Directives and Standards would be advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of diagnostic equipment to fault find electronic and electrical issues from first principles.
- Experience in one or more of the following: eCAD, PCB Software, LabView, DOORS, JIRA, MatLab and SubVersion is advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, VISO and Project.
- Knowledge of PC operating platforms (DOS/ Windows/ Microsoft Environments) and Low Level Programming (C++, Visual Basic)
- Must be able to obtain UK Security Clearance
Our people enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture where everyone trusts each other. Working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.
You Can Do This
Once you apply for a position with Moog, your CV will be held on our central recruitment management database and may be accessed by a member of the HR team if a suitable vacancy become available in the future. If you would prefer that your details are not retained by Moog following your job application, please contact us to request your details are removed using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org