EAM System Engineer
EAM System Engineer
About usNational Grid is hiring a Systems Engineer for our Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) group in Warwick. This role could also be based in Wokingham.
National Grid touches the lives of almost everyone in the UK, with an energy network that stretches across the Atlantic. We’re an international team, and our work underpins the lives of millions of people. Feet forwards, head up, and eyes bright, we’re working hard to create value for people today – and shape the future of energy tomorrow.
In the UK, we don’t generate or sell energy – we join the dots to get energy from A to B. From making a cup of tea in the morning, to keeping the lights on in hospitals, our electricity network puts power in the hands of people. Without it, the world as we know it would grind to a halt.
The world of energy is changing beyond recognition. Working at National Grid, you won’t just be touching the lives of almost everyone in the UK – you’ll be shaping the way we use and consume energy for generations to come.
Job PurposeTo manage the requirements and scope of projects and programmes and to support the development of and the quality of solution options. Solution Engineering within National Grid IT shapes, designs and deliver digital products and digital platforms for enterprise asset management and geospatial applications/GIS.
As a key member of the project delivery/agile release trains, the EAM System Engineer is expected to leverage the expertise and technical depth of knowledge in asset management platforms like ABB Ellipse and/or IBM Maximo and integration with enterprise applications namely SAP, Sales Force, ServiceNow, DWH etc. to successfully execute projects.
- IPC (Incident, Problem Change) Triage,
- Ticket Routing, Light Touch Support
- Coordinating with relevant teams and managing Application, OS,DB, Server patching,
- User Management in Ellipse/ IBM Maximo
- Batch config and management in Ellipse / IBM Maximo
- Support during any technical cutover/implementation to carry out health checks etc
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Ability to communicate well with and manage stakeholders.
- At-least 7 years of past experience in working with / on Ellipse or/and IBM Maximo,
- Familiarity / past experience with Tools like ServiceNow, Confluence, Jira.
- Methodologies – DevSecOps, Agile, SAFe
- Domain Expertise– Utilities (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Application Integration- Interfaces, APIs, File Transfers, MuleSoft
More InformationWhat you’ll get
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday, plus eight statutory days – and options to buy extra holiday days
- Pension and share option scheme
- Close mentorship and regular feedback
You will also have access to a number of other flexible benefits such as share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving name to a few.