Location: London 15 Canada Square
Capability: Deal Advisory
Experience Level: Director
Type: Full Time or Part Time
Service Line: TS Central
Contract type: Permanent
Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy
The Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy Team (CR&DS) leads KPMG’s work on the climate topic, including around climate risk and decarbonisation strategy. As a fast-growing team focused on one of the defining issues of our time and directly supported by KPMG’s UK Board, we present an exciting opportunity to potential hires, both in terms of professional opportunity and potential for real-world impact.
Our team has been formed to help clients across corporates and financial services respond to the immense, systemic challenges posed by climate change. Amongst other activities, we help clients to identify and quantify climate risks and opportunities faced by their businesses to meet regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands; analyse and assess the range of mitigation and adaptation strategies available to address climate risks (including the adoption of net zero strategies, carbon market participation and transition planning); ensure business are positioned to capture the opportunity from climate change; implement the strategies; and, finally, embed the risk, strategy, targets and governance into financial reporting, helping to pave the way to a low carbon economy.
Our vision is for the Boards of all companies to consider climate change as a key part of their Enterprise Risk Management and business strategy. The team has received extremely positive feedback from clients and is currently working with a number of FTSE100 and Fortune500 clients, playing a key role in KPMG’s goal of delivering £140m of profit with purpose by 2025.
We are looking for hires who are passionate about climate change, regard this as a systemic issue and who can fit in well to a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly capable team. If this is sounds like you, please get in touch!
Roles & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of the role include managing and actively originating Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy engagements by:
• Helping lead business development initiatives including targeting key C-Suite level individuals, proposing KPMG’s services and closing opportunities
• Acting as the primary team interface with various levels of client executives up to and including C-Suite Level
• Managing the delivery of project deliverables and advising persuasively, earning the position of a trusted advisor
• Developing the team culture and inspiring and empowering team members to be the best
• Participating in the professional development of KPMG Climate Risk and Decarbonisation team members and assist with the recruiting and training of new staff
• Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
• Significant strategy experience
• Deep understanding of the climate challenge and drivers for decarbonisation
• Proven track record working with corporates
• Proven track record leading and managing teams, including:
o Ability to structure complex work programmes
o Ability to operate in the detail and to understand the big picture
o Experience in developing more junior colleagues
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
• Ability to build and nurture trusting relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior client decision makers
• Collaborative outlook and team player