Direct Entry Graduate Positions: Engineering – Rolls-Royce Submarines
It’s not every day that you can say that the work you do helps keep the UK safe, but that is just one of the unique benefits of securing a role within Rolls-Royce Submarines.
We are seeking graduates for various positions across the Rolls-Royce Submarines business.
We have exciting opportunities in several of our business units, supporting Core Design & Manufacture, Component Design & Manufacture, Controls & Instrumentation Design, Materials & Chemistry and Safety.
What you’ll do:
- You will be based at our Raynesway facility in Derby, with potential opportunities to support site activities at dockyards and Naval bases across the UK.
- You will be involved in activities that support the delivery of the Nuclear Steam Raising Plants (NSRP), which provide power for all of the UK’s submarines.
- Depending on the specific role you are offered, you could be involved in innovation and concept development, designing products and systems, testing, manufacture or in-service support.
- As a direct entrant, you will immediately contribute and add value to our ongoing and future engineering programmes, supporting the full product lifecycle from concept design through to decommissioning.
What we look for:
- Qualified to degree level in a STEM subject.
- Knowledge of nuclear technology an advantage, but not essential.
- An open-minded, curious, collaborative and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Initiative, drive and adaptability to build your desired career, with support from our leaders.
- A passion for the future of sustainable power and the work you do.
- A love of learning and applying of new perspectives to your work.
Due to the nature of our work in Defence, we’re unable to employ anyone who doesn’t have the legal right to live and work in the UK and if you have spent more than three months outside of the UK in the last five years (e.g. travelling, working, living), we might not be able to employ you. This role is subject to Full UK Security Check Clearance issued by the United Kingdom Security Vetting. To work for the Rolls-Royce Submarines Business an individual has to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance. Rolls-Royce will support the application for Security Clearance if the individual does not currently already have this in place.
What you’ll get in return:
- 33 days holiday per year, with the opportunity to accrue a further 10 days holiday
- A flexible working pattern with core hours 10am-3pm from Monday to Friday
- Opportunity to join the RR Retirement Savings Trust
- Competitive starting salary.
Click here for more information on our benefits
Founded in 1906, and quickly gaining a reputation for making the most famous cars and engines in the world, Rolls-Royce has evolved to a global provider of power to multiple customers across the world, and is now recognised as one of the world’s leading manufacturers of gas-turbine power systems for use on land, sea and in the air.
However, for over sixty years Rolls-Royce has been quietly designing, manufacturing and supporting in-service, the reactor plant that power the Royal Navy’s nuclear submarine fleet, while at the same time gaining a reputation as a provider of solutions for the civil nuclear industry. Rolls-Royce Submarines Ltd is responsible for delivering the Nuclear Steam Raising Plant (NSRP), plus parts of the secondary propulsion systems to the UK Ministry of Defence.
A workforce of over 3000, we manage these assets across their full lifecycle. This includes providing frontline support across the world for Royal Navy submarine reactor plant equipment from the Company’s Operations Centre in Derby. They also support the submarines when in the Barrow-in-Furness shipyard and the naval bases at Devonport and Faslane.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role. Click here for more details on how we can support you
Job Posting Date
14 Mar 2022; 00:03
Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver the cleanest, safest and most competitive solutions to our planet’s vital power needs.