The Design Manager will need to be able to communicate effectively while being able manage projects of various levels and complexity.
- Coordinate project design teams consisting of architects, engineers, planners, environmental and other specialty discipline experts
- Leading projects and/or work packages on major projects to deliver strong commercial outcomes for the business whilst achieving outstanding outcomes for our clients
- Preparing designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for capital infrastructure project in the Built form in accordance with relevant sector and design standards to a high level of technical excellence
- Seeking innovation in the delivery of schemes and techniques used to design and construct them
- Resolving technical issues as they arise and liaising with relevant stakeholders to ensure that good outcomes are achieved
- Working with other teams and disciplines in a collaborative nature
- Lead on capturing and delivering large multi-disciplinary opportunities
With qualifications relevant to Engineering, Architecture, Planning or Project Management, you will have proven skills and knowledge of various market sectors and UK delivery mechanisms for projects in feasibility, preliminary and detailed design.
You will have a background in major project delivery, design and excellent communications skills, being able to bring a mature and relevant network connections in the local market.
Your experience in leading teams coupled with proven consulting design management skills, including the use of relevant design software and able to work in design modelling and BIM environments will assist you in succeeding. You will have experience in external and internal stakeholder management, to help you influence the outcome of key decisions.
In return, we offer opportunities for strong career progression by contributing to boutique and large scale local and international projects. We offer you all the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on key projects. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There’s no time like present to make a change.
Mott MacDonald’s Advisory team successfully integrates our experience across Infrastructure Advisory, Economics, Project Management, Environment and Sustainability, Professional Training and Development, Asset Management, and Digital Consulting to provide advice that covers the full spectrum of considerations over the entire infrastructure lifecycle.
We are seeking a highly experienced Design Manager to join our Built Environment team in Birmingham for a range of projects for Buildings & Infrastructure. You will be joining a diverse team of consultants who are passionate about what they do, with a proven track record guiding our clients and driving delivery of the Midlands and Country’s most critical projects.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence