A new position of Deputy Warehouse Supervisor has arisen to join the Production Department reporting to the Warehouse Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Production team within a busy chemical manufacturing facility.
The role involves:
- To check incoming deliveries for compliance to delivery, packaging and order documentation
- Pick and pack orders according to order documentation and statutory requirements
- To check material for despatch for compliance to delivery, packaging, shipping and order documentation
- To assist in the labelling and booking in of in-coming materials on to the Company stock control program
- To store in-coming raw materials, intermediates and final products according to the correct chemical hazard classification
- To transport material across the site to and from the warehouses and bunded areas
- Prepare and despatch small sample orders when qualified to do so
- Maintain appropriate written and electronic records of stock movement
- Responsible for the Fork Lift Trucks assigned to the Warehouse
- To maintain good standards of housekeeping in the warehousing areas and associated storage bunds
- Must observe and maintain relevant Health, Safety, Environment, Quality and GMP (where applicable) procedures and standards at all times.
- To work closely with other members of the team to ensure that agreed Warehouse and Logistics work is completed on time whilst meeting the standards of GMP (where applicable), Quality and Health & Safety.
- Physical stock checks, weekly and monthly
- Loading/unloading of wagons when required
- Assisting in Production enquiries
- To Deputise for the Warehouse Manager in team management, effective running of the warehouse, quality checks and documentation.
- Competent in Maths and English – GCSE Grade ‘C’ or equivalent
- Fork lift Truck Licence (ideally Bendi FLT)
- IT Literate
- Able to undertake additional specialist training relating to the shipping of hazardous goods
- Good communication skills
Salary is circa £20 to £21k dependant on experience plus 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 38 hour working week, paid sick scheme, free life assurance, based in West Bromwich, West Midlands.