Job ref: 210009BH
Closing date: TBC
Career area: Insurance and financial services
Salary: £18,500 Starting Salary
We’re recruiting for an Agency Technician to join us on a full time (35 hour) permanent basis. Working as part of the Agency Team within the Commercial business at AXA, as an Agency Technician you’ll be responsible for the day to day servicing of our Intermediary brokers. You’ll also act as a referral point for AXA Business Operations Team Members, ensuring all Agency processes and systems meet the requirements of the wider business and regulatory bodies along with liaising directly with Insurance Brokers. At AXA we’re adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and the Bolton office in a way that works best for you, the team and our customers
What you’ll be doing:
- Process new agency appointments and maintain adequate agency records in line with regulatory requirements and agency controls.
- Perform appropriate quality and audit checks against agreed Agency processes, protocols and IFC controls.
- Support and maintain e-administration links to brokers (eServe, IMarket, eSettlement, Connect etc).
- Act as a technical expert to oversee activities performed in AXA Business Operations to ensure delivery of agreed service standards in line with best practice procedures. Provide training and workflow support across all levels.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers, ensuring excellent service is delivered whilst providing training and support.
- Contribution to delivery of Agency/Chief Operating Office key priorities through personal alignment to agreed specific actions.
- Finance & Underwriting systems experience & knowledge.
- Agency processes, procedures, systems and best practice knowledge.
- Knowledge of different types of Agency Agreements.
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory requirements for General Insurance.
- Developed understanding of electronic trading systems – e.g EDI/ABR/AXAI Partner, Acturis and I-Market
- Experience of dealing with customers and handling queries via telephone.
- English & Mathematics up to GCSE Level.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving change environment.
Rewards and Benefits
As well as a supportive and rewarding working culture, you’ll enjoy a good holiday allowance and generous company pension scheme. Depending on your role you’ll have the opportunity to buy share options, a car allowance and private medical insurance. Note that benefits can vary according to the different part of AXA and the role itself.
Pay and Bonus
We carefully consider our pay levels and carry out a review each year so you are paid fairly for what you do. When AXA does well, we share in its success and all employees are eligible for a discretionary bonus payment each year, dependant on individual and company performance.
Pension and Life Cover
We want to help you actively plan for a financially healthy retirement, so we offer a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme. This means that we contribute to your pension fund depending on the amount you choose to pay in.
Work life balance is important. Our holiday entitlements start at a minimum of 22 days (plus bank holidays) dependent on the business area or the role, increasing up to 28 days (plus bank holidays) with length of service. Depending on which part of AXA you work in, there’s also flexibility to buy up to five additional days or sell up to three days, helping you to achieve the right balance for you.
We recognise and reward you when you demonstrate the behaviours that make AXA great.
Employees are also invited to take part in the annual share plan. Employees can buy shares and also be offered an interest free loan to purchase shares if they don’t want to purchase outright.
Depending on your role, you may be entitled to additional benefits such as Private Medical Insurance, Company Car or Long Term Incentive Plans.