Credit Risk Analyst
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Possible.
You will be responsible for the credit management of a portfolio of customers, working closely with sales and other finance functions to minimize overdues and assist in reducing invalid deductions in an accurate and timely manner, mitigating our risk and minimizing bad debt write-offs.
How you will contribute
- Oversee customer credit risk management and effective customer collections (including defining collection strategies and worklists, new customer onboarding, ongoing credit assessments and risk category and credit limit maintenance)
- Adopt, communicate and enforce the global credit policy, building in-person relationships with major customers and the sales teams that support them
- Conduct annual customer reviews to include full analysis on financial statements in a timely manner and in line with policy
- Ability to conduct customer visits and/or conference calls with customer Directors/Proprietors, to discuss the financial performance as revealed in their financial statements
- Manage process for orders that have been credit blocked on a daily basis, collating information and obtaining relevant approvals in line with the credit policy.
- Represent the company in professional credit groups and manage high-risk accounts and bankruptcies
- Ensure stakeholders are aware of and compliant with legal issues pertaining to credit and collection activities
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Significant experience in credit and collection management or financial accounting
- A business perspective to the context of credit decisions
- Able to analyze data and derive insights into action with a focus on delivering to timelines and KPIs
- Great interpersonal, teamwork and excellent communication skills
- Able to influence, negotiate and apply commercial acumen
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
What extra ingredients you will bring:
Ability to communicate effectively and business partner at various levels
High degree of self motivation, prioritization of workload to meet specific deadlines
Education / Certifications:
Qualified or actively studying towards an appropriate qualification; ACCA, CIMA, CICM.
Job specific requirements:
Analytical mindset with ability to analyse financial statements
Able to travel on company business when required, sometimes at short notice
The responsibilities of this position are performed within the framework of a regional business model that is defined and managed by Mondelēz Europe GmbH, Switzerland .
No Relocation support available, however for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
At Mondelez Europe, we are proud, not only of the iconic brands we make, but also of the people who make them. Our delicious products are created in 52 plants across Europe by more than 28,000 passionate people. We are the top maker of chocolate and biscuits and a leading maker of gum and candy. We make sure our powerful global brands and local jewels like Cadbury, Milka and Alpen Gold chocolates, Oreo, belVita, LU and Tuc biscuits, and Stimorol and Dirol gums get safely into our customers hands—and mouths. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are. Join us on our journey to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Credit & Collections Management (BTC)
Customer Service & Logistics