|Manchester, Birmingham or Northampton
|A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
|Set out below are examples of the functions expected for this role. It is not exhaustive and anticipates flexibility by the individual in fitting in with any current (not detailed) or future initiatives the department/firm consider appropriate for the role.
- Preparation of plot sale paperwork to include relevant contract/assurance required to deal with plot reservation.
- Dealing with pre contract enquiries
- Processing exchange of contracts
- Preparation of relevant completion statements
- Completion Procedures including billing and accounts procedures
- Dealing with Land Registry requisitions on title
- Title checking part exchange property/chain breaks
- Registration procedures including SDLT online and Land Registry
- Sale of part exchange/chain break property
- Client reports/attendance at client meetings
- Procurement of conveyancing searches
- Dealing with incoming phone calls/incoming post
- Production of BigHand dictation/checking of work produced
- Inception of files and closing of files including dealing with account balances
- Use of plots case management system plus word, excel, outlook and BigHand.
- To provide a quality and accurate service to our clients
- To establish and manage our clients’ expectations
- Required attendance at Team Briefings
- Willingness to participate in training/self development/the obtaining of relevant qualifications
- Attend courses/seminars when required and outside of office hours if necessary
- Participate in a “buddy” system to provide cover for absent colleagues
- Prior experience as a Conveyancer or working within Plot Sales would be preferable
- Be capable of managing own caseload without administrative support (where any support is absent or seconded to others)
- Be IT literate and to follow the Firm’s policy in this request at all times
- Able to provide mentoring of other staff when required to do so
|Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.