- Supporting Mott MacDonald’s social value strategy and approaches to delivering benefits to local communities
- Responding to client briefs to meet clients’ social value needs in different contexts and communities
- Working with colleagues to embed social value into contract and project delivery
- Helping measure social value and social impacts, using standardised techniques and bespoke reporting tools
- Supporting Mott MacDonald’s developing external reputation for being a leader in social value and inclusion and undertaking external business development
- Supporting engagement with colleagues across the UK and wider business on social value
- Working with early career professionals and supporting knowledge transfer
In addition, you will assist with the delivery of the team’s existing portfolio of social development and inclusion work, including:
- Helping to deliver a range of projects across Mott MacDonald’s sectors
- Engaging with project stakeholders
- Producing reports, action plans and presentations
- Responding to client briefs
It is expected that the majority of the role will be delivered from one of our UK offices. We can flexible on location, although we would prefer London or Birmingham as your base.
- An excellent knowledge of the Public Services (Social Value) Act and best practice delivery
- Experience of supporting the development of social value plans and strategies including, but not limited to, actions around community engagement, supply chain diversification, outreach, apprenticeship schemes, procurement policy and local skills development
- Experience of providing social value contribution to bids and winning work
- Experience of project delivery and management – including multiple budgets, resources and deadlines
- Confidence in liaising with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, presenting and writing
- A proactive attitude towards innovation and supporting change
We know that there is considerable demand for social value support from our clients. We are asked on a daily basis to provide assistance to our clients and demonstrate how we, as an organisation, can maximise the local social, economic and environmental value of what we do. As such we are looking for an exceptional person to help us respond to this agenda and ensure that we continue to provide industry-leading approaches and advice.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you’ll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you’re interested in applying for this role.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
For more information about our Environment sector click here
For more information about our Water sector click here