About the role
Balfour Beatty VINCI are recruiting for a Consents Engineer to work in the HS2 Project in Birmingham
What you’ll be doing
- Work with programme planners and project managers to ensure consents timelines are embedded within the programme.
- Monitor submission of consent applications and ensure their timely delivery.
- Identify exactly when consents need to be in place specific to each site to ensure construction activities can commence without delay.
- Provide input to consultation with consent granting bodies, commitment holders and other 3rd parties.
- Work alongside the Environment & Sustainability Advisor to ensure environmental consents are obtained in line with programme.
- Maintain and update consents register in line with clients requirements and ensure review of individual deliverables by project specialists.
- Provide input to project change control processes to identify and manage implications of design and construction change on the delivery of consents and other requirements.
- Liaise with Environment & Sustainability Advisor and Construction Manager to ensure actions are completed with maximum level of efficiency and quality, particularly where the role overlaps between operational and environmental responsibilities.
- Monitor and report progress on consents requirements including project plan milestones, compliance with legal requirements, and consents and commitments.
- Attend progress meetings and represent the project at meetings requiring input on consents.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of the civil engineering sector
- Developed interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Experience of managing the process to obtain planning Consents
- Experience of stakeholder management
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. This includes
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 throughout the West Midlands area. We are looking for a wide range of experts to join our team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.