COMPLIANCE ANALYST –
GLASGOW OR BIRMINGHAM
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Compliance Analyst to join our Risk, Compliance & Legal Services team in either Birmingham or Glasgow.
The purpose of this role is to provide proactive and professional administrative and compliance services to the firm, specifically in relation to the taking on by the firm of new business. The successful candidate will assist in carrying out conflict searching of new clients and new matters for existing clients for all offices, including overseas offices.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide excellent customer service at all times, making positive contributions to the success of the team and building the business of the firm. You will be expected to demonstrate your administrative, IT, organisational and interpersonal skills. You will need to manage your workload proactively and flexibly and perform tasks in a speedy manner.
This role will involve a shift pattern to be worked on a rota basis, between 7.30am and 8pm, to be agreed but the shifts to cover the core working hours. Extra shift allowances will be paid for Sunday or Bank Holiday hours.
If you’re the right candidate for this role, you will hold the following skills and experience:
- Experience of the file opening and conflict search process in a law firm or professional services business.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- The ability to organise and prioritise your workload and balance conflicting deadlines.
- Good IT skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Approachable team player with a great work ethic.
- The opportunity to join a global, innovative and forward thinking firm;
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including 25 days holiday, private healthcare and a contributory pension;
- Agile Working – the possibility of working from home and/or remotely;
- Discounts on various purchases including hotel stays, mobile phone contracts, theatre tickets, sporting events, holidays and insurance.
Pinsent Masons is a global professional services business with law at its core. We rank amongst the top 75 law firms globally, with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in its deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which its clients operate.
We know that our culture sets us apart, and with over 430 partners and over 3,000 colleagues operating across 26 locations throughout the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, it is at the heart of our success as a leading international law firm. Our core values are Approachable, Bold and Connected and as a firm we hold these in high regard. Personally and collectively, we live them every day and our firm is a better place for it.
Pinsent Masons stands out in particular for its innovative approach to service delivery. Our roots in the UK may trace back to 1769, yet we are still recognised as one of the most forward-looking and innovative organisations in the country. Global awards include Law Firm of the Year 2019 (Legal Business Awards 2019); Employer of the Year 2019 (Stonewall) and Law Firm of the Year 2018 (The Lawyer).
Pinsent Masons has been named Legal Business magazine’s Law Firm of the Year for the second time in the past four years.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description then please contact our in-house recruiter, Bhavika Upton. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.