We operate broad pay scales for all our roles to enable us to fulfil our commitments to inclusivity and career development. Final package is dependent on individual knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, we offer a range of competitive benefits – check them out in the Benefits section on our website.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
About the role: Commercial Manager
This role is responsible for delivering commercial activities within the Delivery teams. The role works alongside the supply chain and contractors within the development delivery teams, assuring and supporting their commercial activities to provide an independent view to Head of Commercial
About the role:
- To be responsible for developing commercial works information, reviewing works information from other functions and drafting contract documents to ensure consistency and alignment with procurement plans.
- To be responsible for evaluating tenders and supporting moderation to achieve Contract Award.
- To be responsible for supporting the development of contract management plans.
- To be responsible for providing commercial assurance to Head of Commercial of all Delivery commercial activities (HS2 & Supply Chain), including:
- To be responsible for delivering commercial and contract management of the contracts to maintain effective commercial control;
- To be responsible for the administration of the obligations of the Project Manager under the NEC3 Contract, including assessment of:-
o variations and compensation events
o contract payments
o performance incentive
- To be responsible for maintaining effective cost verification;
- To be responsible for reviewing and analysing supply chain monthly reports to drive supply chain performance;
- To be responsible for inputting contract level performance information into monthly MBR reports;
- To be responsible for participating and contributing in and contribute to monthly contract and programme performance reviews and other ad hoc reviews and supporting final cost estimate updates;
- To be responsible for supporting the settlement of supply chain disputes;
- To be responsible for providing day to day ad hoc contract and commercial advice to client team;
- To be responsible for providing commercial assessment of opportunities for project savings supporting the development of associated proposals / business case for approval;
- To be responsible for supporting the development of a collaborative culture within the IPT (Integrated Project Team) that encourages innovation, enhances functional capability, creates consistency of performance, maximises the benefits of knowledge sharing and embeds industry best practice across the organisation;
- To be responsible for supporting the commercial relationship and engagement with key contractors.
- To be responsible for review estimates (at all stages)
- To be responsible for leading and reviewing estimates.
- To be responsible for providing second key corporate governance approval of change and risk draw down in accordance with corporate governance requirements.
- To be responsible for leading commercial resources, agreeing objectives, managing performance and development to ensure staff have the necessary skills and support to deliver in their roles.
- To be responsible for providing domain knowledge in the development and maintenance of efficient and effective contract and commercial management policies, processes and procedures.
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Experience of managing commercial management teams’ members in infrastructure projects and programmes
- Experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies and/or a publicly funded project.
- Experience of planning, developing and implementing infrastructure contracts and of working with procurement teams in tender preparation, administration and evaluation.
- Experience of using commercial management and reporting processes and systems.
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential