Gymshark recognises that we can only grow by investing in true Innovation. This is an Innovation role where the incumbent helps to deliver the Experience Strategy and Objectives in line with the defined Innovation roadmap.
As a newly created function, the Innovation Team have a duty and responsibility to drive business impact for all areas of the business. We support the strategic and tactical needs of our internal clients with highly flexible, tailored and innovative bespoke solutions to help drive real business outcomes.
You will be part of the Experience Team to roll out the strategy and provide technical insight to the Innovation Team and business. You will be seen as one of the Experience experts within the brand, helping to drive partnerships with the rest of the business to ensure key partnerships, internal and external are created and maintained. You will have a data focus; ensuring the Gymshark consumer has a best-in-class experience when interacting with our consumer offering, at every contact point throughout their journey. These impactful solutions will be driven by validated cognitive science.
- Be responsible for supporting applied research, aimed at delivering interventions to provide the consumer with a best-in-class experience of our leading technology across the consumer journey
- Be a part of the Experience Team with key deliverables into projects in conjunction with other team members
- Deliver individual and team goals to ensure projects are met on time in full
- Lead on the implementation of cutting-edge cognitive science, to understand and improve how the consumer experiences all the contact points along the consumer journey, with a particular focus on how the design of content affects cognitive load
- Share knowledge with the Innovation Team members on all aspects related to cognitive science and what this means for the consumer journey through the ecosystem
- Help to educate across the business in regard to cognitive science insight, with key outputs on solutions for improved consumer experience, driven by how the brain works to solve everyday tasks i.e. visual processing, reasoning, and problem solving
- Build and maintain close communication with relevant counterparts across the different departments, ensuring an all-inclusive approach
- Immerse yourself into the athlete and consumer world, so a full understanding of needs and requirements are understood
- Builds relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders to scan for innovations and opportunities to form partnerships
- Uses published research to ideate an optimal experience for the consumer, with a particular focus on manipulating cognitive load to influence behaviour, in addition to supporting the validation of solutions and understanding the landscape for further improvement
- This is an analytical role, where you will work with the best partners in academia/industry to deliver data driven solutions, whilst consistently refining and evolving
- You will participate in the development of new tools, methods and procedures that will streamline data acquisition
- Excellent creativity, communication, presentation, trouble shooting, time management and analytical skills are required
- Proven experience in the cognitive research/application profession
- Must have a Graduate education (Master’s degree) in cognitive science, cognitive psychology, cognitive and decision sciences, or a related field
- Proficiency in all aspects of the cognitive science process, with particular skill for understanding cognitive processes underlying perception and decision-making
- Must be capable of tailoring even the most complex messages for different audiences in a manner appropriate to the audience
- A candidate for this position must be highly proficient in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to draw actionable insights from raw information and data. The candidate for this position must also be capable of performing subject specific analyses on programs and drawing actionable solutions, identifying areas of improvement, and drawing detailed recommendations from those assessments, which will lead to an overall increased performance within the business
- Experience with relevant scientific tools and associated skills pertaining to behavioural and computational aspects of cognitive science i.e. how information can be best represented and processed in computational systems (artificial or natural)
- Must be self-motivated, be proactive going beyond the call of duty, have a keen eye for detail, be result-oriented, and have an ability to work stay calm under pressure and in uncertainty inspiring the same in the team
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues, translating complex concepts into simple terms where required
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members to deliver immediate tasks
- Strong project management and prioritisation skills
- You are a naturally curious thinking, self-driven character with a passion for understanding athlete and consumers meeting their needs
- Agile to change and pragmatic, you’ll be a collaborative team player and be comfortable working in a high pressure, fast paced environment where identifying needs, providing solutions and adding value is a prerequisite
- Commercial awareness and a creative problem solver with the ability to think laterally and understand the cost and value drivers within a competitive business environment
We receive loads of applications for roles here at Gymshark. It’s a great problem to have, but it does mean it can take us a little longer to try and give every application the attention it deserves.
Rest assured, we read and respond to every application. After we’ve taken a look at your skills and experience on your application, there’s a number of things that could happen next:
We’ll let you know as soon as possible if it’s not meant to be this time.
If it’s looking promising, we’ll be in touch with an email and a short phone call and understand what sits behind the CV!
If it’s looking really promising, we’ll aim to put some faces to some names and arrange a first interview.
And then if it’s looking really, really promising, we’ll be inviting you in for a second interview and usually a project to assess your skills and capabilities!