You will assist in carrying out project safety reviews, ensuring the application of the principles of prevention, preparing pre-construction information and health and safety files.
This is an opportunity to develop your skills, knowledge and experience with the potential to advance your career as a CDM Advisor.
Key elements of the role include:
- Assist the Client in identifying, obtaining and collating existing pre-construction information
- Review existing information and identify areas where information is missing / required.
- Review and comment on designers’ hazard & risk information / support the project with management of the hazard register
- Maintain close links with designers and assist them in identifying and eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks to the health and safety of others
- Work closely with Project Managers to guide them with producing designs that are safe to build and maintain
- Undertake the Project Safety Advisor training and perform the role on projects
- Assist in the preparation of Pre-Construction Information
- Assist in the review of Construction Phase Plans
- Assist in the preparation of the Health and Safety File
- Support the Bid Manager on preparing response to bids
- Report writing
- Experience of working within a design team
- A recognised professional qualification in Health and Safety (e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate)
- Certified Membership of APS or ICE H&S Register
- Flexible and adaptable, Enthusiastic and ambitious
- Proactive with good organisational capability
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills
- Keen to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to be assertive, contribute to and influence meetings
- Experience of successfully working in a team
- Self Starter with leadership qualities
- Must be proficient with MS software packages including Sharepoint along with PDF writer.
- Experience of working to budgets and time constraints
- Good technical writing skills
Mott MacDonald’s core business sectors cover buildings, transport, energy, water, environment, health, education, industry, oil and gas, communications and international development. We are seeking a CDM and construction risk management professional to deliver the CDM Advisor role within the Buildings and Infrastructure Unit. The ideal candidate will have experience in the civil engineering sector.
The applicant will report directly to the health and safety team leader in the Altrincham office. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offers a real opportunity to achieve your ambitions and develop your career. The focus of the role is to ensure compliance with the CDM Regulations.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.