CDE Systems Engineer
UK, West Midlands
About the role
The BBV (Balfour Beatty Vinci) HS2 N1 and N2 Stage 2 Project has several
3rd party and in house built software systems that require support and
coordination from a 2nd line support role.
The CDE (Connected Data Environment) Systems team within BBV
Information Management are looking for a 3rd party software support
engineer who is analytical, process driven and experienced in supporting
applications from multiple vendors to join the team.
The 3rd party applications range from applications for Hazard management to
Non Conformance Record management.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for providing technical and functional support for BBV
and the supply chain to software applications managed by the
Information Management team.
- Assist in assessment of configuration changes, support processes
and user management processes.
- Responsible for interacting directly with project teams to gather,
document and implement requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring of systems to ensure optimum service
- Responsible for maintenance and ongoing upgrades to applications.
- Assist in maintenance and ongoing development of applications
where developer involvement is not required.
- Follow BBV Connected Data Environment processes and governance
as mandated by appropriate Balfour Beatty Vinci Managing body.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the system performance
of systems including, maintaining technical support documentation
and supporting and providing fixes on applications to the agreed
Who we’re looking for
- A relevant degree or equivalent is desirable Software development
from a reputed institute.
- Electronic Document Management System certification/ Certification in
any prime infrastructure engineering project collaboration software is
- Considerable experience of working in a global team as part of a
- Knowledge of Document Management Systems and other prime
engineering project collaboration software.
- Experience of directly gathering user requirements for the
management of engineering data.
- Awareness of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and its importance
to engineering infrastructure.
- Experience of Design and Modelling Tools such as Bentley and
AutoDesk products desirable, but not essential
- Experience of analysing and documenting complex business processes desirable, but not essential
- Experience of IT service management processes desirable, but not
- Other IT administrator experience desirable, but not essential
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK’s infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We’ve successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.