CDE Support Analyst
UK, West Midlands
About the role
The BBV (Balfour Beatty Vinci) HS2 N1 and N2 Stage 2 Project has a portfolio
of software systems linked to the Connected Data Environment (CDE)
managed by the BBV Information Management Team and is looking for a 1st
Line Software Support Analyst to join a team of CDE Support Analysts to
provide support to these software systems.
They key systems in the portfolio are Bentley Systems BCDE (formally known
as Business Collaborator) and Bentley Systems ProjectWise. There are other
systems including Bentley Systems iTwin, Hazard Management system,
Instrumentation & Monitoring system and various in house built databases.
The key CDE systems are currently developed and mature with over 900 daily
users across both BBV and the supply chain. This is expected to expand
significantly over the lifetime of this major project.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide technical and functional support for BBV and the supply chain
to CDE systems.
- Responsible for onboarding users from across the project, including
supply chain into the BBV CDE Systems.
- Assist CDE onboarding and training process for all BBV colleagues and
supply chain partners.
- Assist in creation of folders, user groups, access permissions and other
associated tasks to enable supply chain engagement.
- Assist in monitoring of systems to ensure optimum service availability.
- Assist in monitoring and maintenance of CDE servers for BBV.
- Assist in maintenance and ongoing upgrades to CDE services.
- Assist in maintenance and ongoing development of CDE Portals,
associated searches and databases.
- Assist to contribute to the implementation of upgrades and migration to
future CDE editions and services including and User Acceptance tests.
- Assist in BBV CDE processes and governance as mandated by
appropriate Balfour Beatty Vinci Managing body
Who we’re looking for
- A relevant degree or equivalent is desirable Software development
from a reputed institute.
- Electronic Document Management System certification/ Certification in
any prime infrastructure engineering project collaboration software is
- Considerable experience of working in a global team as part of a
- Knowledge of Document Management Systems and other prime
engineering project collaboration software.
- Experience of directly gathering user requirements for the management
of engineering data.
- Awareness of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and its importance
to engineering infrastructure.
- Experience of Design and Modelling Tools such as Bentley and
AutoDesk products desirable, but not essential
- Experience of analysing and documenting complex business processes
desirable, but not essential
- Experience of IT service management processes desirable, but not
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK’s infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We’ve successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.