UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a CAD Technician to join our Tunnels team to work on the Long Itchington Wood and Bromford Tunnels of HS2 project
The role will be responsible for the production of engineering drawings, temporary works drawings and associated schedules
What you’ll be doing
- Working independently, responsible for initiating and completing tasks and procedures, including where relevant responsibility for supervising or guiding others
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
- Able to report issues with control and information provided
- Reads and understands drawings and schedules
- Strong understanding of construction tolerances
- Awareness and use of Specification and other Contract documents
- Able to take off and schedule material quantities accurately
- Able to produce detailed construction sequence drawings showing various stages of the works and interfaces
Who we’re looking for
- Ability to read and determine information from drawings, schedules and specifications
- Constructability understanding of complex structures, method and sequencing of structures as well as other assets
- Preparation of drawings from Engineers sketches, using CAD software
- Preparation of detail drawings
- Interrogation of others CAD and BIM models
- Production of schedules, e.g. concrete reinforcement
- Maintaining accurate records drawing registers, schedules, specifications and take-off
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.