Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Through an analytical and logical use of traditional MRP and Lean supply chain management methodologies manage and optimise the incoming material supply chain ensuring adequate and timely supplies to fully support production and new product requirements at highest possible service, minimum inventory and minimum cost. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager you will drive production efficiency by creating and maintaining detailed production schedules, executing daily, plant-level materials requirement planning to meet delivery schedules and ensure on time delivery to all customers.
- Determining the requirements for new/existing lines in conjunction with usage history and overall inventory DOH targets.
- Provide support to Purchasing function ensuring overall required product quality at minimal acceptable material cost and ensuring that new products are efficiently incorporated into the system.
- Develop and coach the Buyer Planner Team to maximise their performance and ensure ongoing continuous improvement within their function and to implement new processes and procedures.
- Manage the internal Production Planning function working closely with Production to maximise customer on time delivery at minimum cost and inventory.
- Establish relationships with key suppliers working with them to continuously improve overall supply chain efficiency and costs.
- Develop suppliers to supplier Pull, Kan Ban delivery systems.
- Management of excess and obsolete inventory. Manage the annual stocktake.
- Develop and utilise information systems to improve the KPI’s.
- Work as an integrated member of the company management team, both within operations and linked to other related functions such as Product Engineering, Commercial functions, ensuring that the supply chain function fully supports our ongoing commercial success and business growth strategy.
- The nature of the role will require an individual capable of both working at management level to achieve the stated responsibilities and of working with the relevant planning and procurement detail when needed.
- Ensure all operations are carried out in accordance with quality procedures and comply with safe working practices and legislation.
- Have detailed knowledge of manufacturing planning, master production scheduling, inventory control, materials requirements planning, capacity requirements planning shop floor control and warehousing.
- MRP / ERP systems.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Prior experience of managing and leading a small team.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to identify improvement and implement improvements to business processes.
- IT Literate.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.