Do you enjoy solving complex problems and troubleshooting products? Are you passionate about developing test strategies, finding, and tracking bugs to resolution, and innovating on behalf of customers? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Business intelligence engineers use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges business intelligence engineers solve for at Amazon are big and affect millions of customers, sellers, and products around the world. Our path is not always simple, so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on this role at Amazon – someone who is excited by the idea of creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team are looking for ambitious students to join us as interns at the heart of our core consumer business! Internships are flexible in length to fit in with your university’s placement scheme.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
As a business intelligence engineer, you will/may:
· Develop analytical solutions to business problems that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
· Write high quality code to retrieve and analyse data
· Analyse and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
· Design pragmatic analyses and automated metrics that add value to your business area
· Understand data resources and how, when, and what to use (and what not to use).
· Develop analyses (whether fully formed or exploratory) for the business’ sake, not for analyses’ sake
· Seek to understand the business objectives relevant to your area, and align your work to those objectives and seek to deliver business value
· Proactively and continually, improve your level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant data resources
· Experience with SQL
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
· Experience in the data/BI space
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in math/statistics/engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline
· Experience with BI analytics/reporting/visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, AWS QuickSight, COGNOS, or other third-party tools)
· Experience in data mining, data warehouse solutions, and ETL, and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Knowledge of algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills and data presentation skills
Amazon Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page?region_id=region_eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
We prioritise candidates who demonstrate relevant skills for this role. You may wish to attend one of our up-skilling events at https://amazonstudentevents.splashthat.com/careers
EMEA Student Programs Team
We prioritize candidates who demonstrate relevant skills for this role. You may wish to attend one of our upskilling events at amazonstudentevents.splashthat.com.