Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Responsible for sales of complex variable speed drive applications and solutions (LV and MV) across multiple UK markets where the ABB can deliver differentiation and value. Proactive in the pursuit of new business and customer relationships. Management of key accounts. Even though the role is homebased we would like the candidate ideally to be based in the North of the UK or Scotland. There will be travel required throughout the UK.
- Business Focus and Targets: Customer facing role selling large Variable Speed Drives, Motors and Automation Control technology solutions.
- Determining the most technically appropriate solution based upon technology and commercial aspects.
- Consider and evaluate cost effective options and solutions in competitive situations.
- Produce and deliver technical presentation material and sales supporting documentation.
- Lead customer visits for equipment audit and technical sales meetings.
- Understand the commercial requirements of both ABB and the customer and liaise with ABB legal team (if and when necessary) to determine an acceptable position and compliance with governance.
- Customer Relations: Assist with technical and commercial offers documents based on customer specification requirements and solution agreed with the engineering team.
- Determine and agree the delivery timescales based upon equipment / component deliveries, engineering, manufacturing, test and resource needs and availability.
- Assist with providing supporting documentation such as project plans, solution overview diagrams and equipment user manuals.
- Cost definition:Assist with defining the cost for the proposed solution and produce a cost sheet to accurately capture material, labour and other project related costs.
- Bid/Risk Review: Participate in bid and risk reviews to ensure compliant approved bids are provided for your clients.
- Customer: Interacts with customers, contractors, and other stakeholders. Provides technical guidance on design related queries and ensures customer’s technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with suppliers (will have the full technical backing of the engineering team).
- Supply Chain Management: Assists with collaboration with the supply chain function (ABB and 3rd Party) to establish relationships and package solutions.
- Evaluates suppliers’ proposals and ensures that they meet with the requirements.
- Processes & Tools: Manages the opportunities through the pipeline / sales lifecycle in SFDC. Actively chases pursuits through to customer order placement.
- Develops and/or recommends improvements to processes and tools.
- Formal Qualification in electrical/electronic engineering to HNC, HND or Degree level.
- Appropriate technical and sales experience.
- Ideal market experience would be in COG and marine sectors.
- Technical knowledge would be with VSD’s (ideally including large system drives and MV drives) and motors.
- Relevant sales experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, charted engineer – Desirable.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.