- Provides support on Azure compute and storage technical solutions and solution designs
- Working with customers to understand solution technical requirements
- Work as part of a team to provide compute and storage elements of IT solutions
- Act as a technical escalation point within the team – for complex support issues, product feedback, and critical situations in the owned technology areas
- Continuous Service Improvement – Benchmarking, performance monitoring ensuring that all infrastructure and services are configured/managed to optimum levels
- Acts as 3rd Level escalation point of contact with regards to Change, problems and incidents and see them through to resolution and manages suppliers where required
- Assists with the configuration management and auditing of all infrastructure Services.
- Produce detailed documentation and conduct knowledge transition to other teams as required
- Escalation into suppliers as and when required
- Maintains and manages full lifecycle for compute and storage components both physical and cloud
- Performs auditing of Infrastructure both physical & cloud
- Delivery of end to end delivery of technical change. This could be in the form of Projects, Continuous Service Improvements, Enhancements, Implementations and Technical refreshes
- Educated to degree level in a related technology or engineering field, or relevant industry experience
- Certification in Microsoft Azure – AZ-104 and AZ-303
- Other relevant professional IT Certifications (desirable)
- Certification in Microsoft Azure – AZ-303, AZ-304 and AZ-400 (ML – Or a still valid certified Azure Solution Architect (Expert) level / Azure DevOps (Expert) level qualification)
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience working within an enterprise environment focused Azure specific solutions, automation, and deployments
- Excellent working knowledge of PowerShell
- Excellent understanding of cloud computing technologies across Azure with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or more of the following domains:
- Compute, Storage, Networking, ASR, Azure AD/Identity providers, App services.
- SQL, Azure DB, Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory.
- Log Analytics, Azure Monitor, Azure Billing, Key Vault, Reservations.
- IaaS and PaaS platform offerings.
- Good understanding of Azure RBAC (IAM) and custom role definitions.
- Good understanding of Azure Policy and compliance.
- Excellent understanding of change management within a medium or large organisation
- Ability to think logically, analyse situations, solve technical problems
- Excellent analysis skills
- Excellent document writing skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and activities for both self and others
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to understand complex requirements
- Ability to communicate complex systems to non-technical staff
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business
- Managing internal / external relationships as a technical subject matter expert
- Strong Influencing skills – Ability to make things happen when not in a position of direct control.
- Sound decision-making
- Able to participate as a member of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to work unsupervised Excellent working knowledge of ITIL concepts
The Azure Engineer will report into the Compute & Storage Manager. The role will will be working within the Infrastructure Services team to provide operational and project support of our global Cloud infrastructure (Azure).
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you’ll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you’re interested in applying for this role.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence